• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    That update is ridiculous. So, if the officer stated over the phone (let's say that you're recording the call) and states that he placed his hand on another person's firearm, wouldn't he be admitting to assault? I believe if you touch an officer or their sidearm, the'll charge you with assaulting a police officer...

Also, for Destro's benefit, I'll be attempting to clear up any confusion he might have:

IC 35-47-11.1-3
    Voidance of political subdivision ordinances, measures, enactments, rules, policies, and exercises of proprietary authority
    Sec. 3. Any provision of an ordinance, measure, enactment, rule, or policy or exercise of proprietary authority of a political subdivision or of an employee or agent of a political subdivision acting in an official capacity:
    (1) enacted or undertaken before, on, or after June 30, 2011; and
    (2) that pertains to or affects the matters listed in section 2 of this chapter;
    is void.

Definitions of included words:

Any - one or some indiscriminately of whatever kind.
    Provision - a measure taken beforehand to deal with a need or contingency.
    Of - used as a function word to indicate origin or derivation.
    An - Indefinite Article.
    Ordinance - An authoritative decree or direction.
    Measure - An estimate of what is to be expected.
    Enactment - The act of enacting : the state of being enacted.
    Rule - A prescribed guide for conduct or action.
    Or - Used as a function word to indicate an alternative.
    Policy - A definite course or method of action selected from among alternatives and in light of given conditions.
    Exercise - The act of bringing into play or realizing in action.
    Proprietary - One that possesses, owns, or holds exclusive right to something; specifically.
    Authority - A conclusive statement or set of statements.
    A - Indefinite Article.
    Political - Of or relating to government, a government, or the conduct of government.
    Subdivision - A subordinate part of a larger whole.
    An - Indefinite Article.
    Employee - one employed by another usually for wages or salary and in a position below the executive level.
    Agent - Something that produces or is capable of producing an effect.
    A - Indefinite Article.
    Political - Of or relating to government, a government, or the conduct of government.
    Acting - The act of taking action.
    In - Used as a function word to indicate inclusion, location, or position within limits.
    An - Indefinite Article.
    Official - One who holds or is invested with an office.
    Capacity - Duty, position, role.

Hope that clears things up? :dunno:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    This is incredible! Sneaking up behind someone and touching the gun? That is absolutely insane. And this guy was bragging about it?

It is apparent that this entire department is in need of some education and pronto, before one of their own gets hurt, or worse.

Promoting illegal policy and acting in an irrational manner with no regard to their own, or the law abiding citizens safety is not only irresponsible, it's dangerous.
    This is one of the chief reasons I carry cross draw. If I am going to OC I'll go a step further and use a retention holster. If someone touches my weapon from behind my left arm is there to pin their hand if it stays on the pistol. My right is grabbing my nasty knife on my right side in order to be able to spin and present the knife.

I'd hate to get into a tussle with a LEO because I don't wear Depends and wouldn't want to soil myself while laying on the floor twitching after being tazed.:n00b:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    That update is ridiculous. So, if the officer stated over the phone (let's say that you're recording the call) and states that he placed his hand on another person's firearm, wouldn't he be admitting to assault? I believe if you touch an officer or their sidearm, the'll charge you with assaulting a police officer...

Also, for Destro's benefit, I'll be attempting to clear up any confusion he might have:

Definitions of included words:

Any - one or some indiscriminately of whatever kind.
    Provision - a measure taken beforehand to deal with a need or contingency.
    An - Indefinite Article.
    Ordinance - An authoritative decree or direction.
    Measure - An estimate of what is to be expected.
    Enactment - The act of enacting : the state of being enacted.
    Rule - A prescribed guide for conduct or action.
    Policy - A definite course or method of action selected from among alternatives and in light of given conditions.
    Exercise - The act of bringing into play or realizing in action.
    Proprietary - One that possesses, owns, or holds exclusive right to something; specifically.
    Authority - A conclusive statement or set of statements.
    A - Indefinite Article.
    An - Indefinite Article.
    Employee - one employed by another usually for wages or salary and in a position below the executive level.
    Agent - Something that produces or is capable of producing an effect.
    A - Indefinite Article.
    Acting - The act of taking action.
    In - Used as a function word to indicate inclusion, location, or position within limits.
    An - Indefinite Article.
    Official - One who holds or is invested with an office.
    Capacity - Duty, position, role.

Hope that clears things up? :dunno:

I believe you just won the thread.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    To answer a previous question.....no apparent written policy.

Interesting, so the MCSD doesn't have ANY official departmental policies or ANY standard operating procedures?

I find that hard to believe. Well I guess I will start my inquiry now. Hearing that apparently they have no written policy makes me want to know what thier official policy is even more.

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Wow, as someone who lives in downtown B-ton, thanks for sharing. At least I know what to expect if I experience anything similar. I wonder how the Sheriff's department's actions differ from how the BPD would have handled such a situation.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    Most MCSD officers are going to check your LTCH, run your weapon and then send you on your way. I wouldn't expect BPD to act any differently. There are going to be LEO in any department who are going to express their personal opinions during such an encounter. You don't even want to know about a previous experience I had with BPD involving a weapon that was stolen from me.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Most MCSD officers are going to check your LTCH, run your weapon and then send you on your way. I wouldn't expect BPD to act any differently. There are going to be LEO in any department who are going to express their personal opinions during such an encounter. You don't even want to know about a previous experience I had with BPD involving a weapon that was stolen from me.

Violations of my rights will be met with appropriate subsequent actions.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Mine doesn't need the exercise.

Maybe the LEO could run me instead? I'm kinda out of shape.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Wow, as someone who lives in downtown B-ton, thanks for sharing. At least I know what to expect if I experience anything similar. I wonder how the Sheriff's department's actions differ from how the BPD would have handled such a situation.

As I posted from my interaction with BPD two decades ago, he asked for my DL, then asked if I was carrying a gun. Then he asked for my LTCH. After that he thanked me and left. That was a long time ago though.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011

The two responses below sum up my thoughts on the above post. Once my LTCH is validated, anything they do after that in regards to asking me about my weapon will be met with, "Am I being detained?" *blow kisses* "I do not consent to any search or seizure of my person or property" *blow kisses* "I will not resist, but do not consent to being disarmed" *blow kisses* Ect. Ect......

Violations of my rights will be met with appropriate subsequent actions.

Mine doesn't need the exercise.

Maybe the LEO could run me instead? I'm kinda out of shape.

Top Bottom