• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    So I'm researching the candidates, and wondered if anyone had any additional info on exactly where they stand on important issues.

In my precinct, there are two districts I'll be voting for.

In district 1, Tabetha Crouch, while a bit iffy, looks to be far and away a better choice than the other two candidates, but I can find surprisingly little info on Byron Turner (the 3rd option is Erin Wyatt, who is a full-blown liberal SJW nut.)

In district 2, Ashley Pirani sounds like a nutcase as well, but I'm not sure on Jon Hays and Daniel O'Neill. I can't seem to find anything about them except for their own campaign websites. Hays sounds like he's basically just running on the platform of making the busing system more efficient, but he also has a couple nice-sounding slogans about making the school board more transparent and getting parents more involved, but who knows what that actually translates into in practical terms. I like O'Neill's focus on academic rigor, and his website seems to be free of most of the usual woke garbage everything in this county seems to be plastered with, but he also sounds like he's a big advocate of ever-increasing school spending, which I don't like the sound of. Anyone know anything about either Hays or O'Neill?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So I'm researching the candidates, and wondered if anyone had any additional info on exactly where they stand on important issues.

In my precinct, there are two districts I'll be voting for.

In district 1, Tabetha Crouch, while a bit iffy, looks to be far and away a better choice than the other two candidates, but I can find surprisingly little info on Byron Turner (the 3rd option is Erin Wyatt, who is a full-blown liberal SJW nut.)

In district 2, Ashley Pirani sounds like a nutcase as well, but I'm not sure on Jon Hays and Daniel O'Neill. I can't seem to find anything about them except for their own campaign websites. Hays sounds like he's basically just running on the platform of making the busing system more efficient, but he also has a couple nice-sounding slogans about making the school board more transparent and getting parents more involved, but who knows what that actually translates into in practical terms. I like O'Neill's focus on academic rigor, and his website seems to be free of most of the usual woke garbage everything in this county seems to be plastered with, but he also sounds like he's a big advocate of ever-increasing school spending, which I don't like the sound of. Anyone know anything about either Hays or O'Neill?

Like-minded friend sent me this a week ago...

Just had a talk with Dan's dad.... nice gentleman I knew from when my daughter was at North. He was a great helper with Science Olympiad.

Dan is the person to vote for! He is extremely qualified in every way. I know him personally, as he coached the Science Olympiad Team at North for many years, of which my daughter was a member.
    He has won several prestigious teaching awards and supports improving discipline in the schools and teaching course content, not politicizing our kids and grand kids. He is not at all of the "woke" ilk, which his opponent, Ashley Pirani, is.

His website, should you care to look, is: ONEILL4ed.com

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I've been getting these spam texts a lot lately too. I just block the number and delete the text. Replying to them just lets them (most likely an autodialer) know that they've reached a valid number.
    Yes. I've gotten dozens between yesterday and today.

But to the OP: Good job on researching your local school board. Since the candidates don't declare a party, many people ignore it. But it's so very important to vote the woke leftists out of these positions!

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Checking candidates in my Marion County precinct and see that there are 4 Wayne Twnshp school board positions up for election. There happen to be only 4 candidates none have any political party affiliation listed. The 4 candidates are the 3 sitting officers and a sitting board member.
    So it doesn't matter what happens all 4 will be re-elected. And not a damn thing will change.
    Why do I feel like this is all pre-arranged?

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Checking candidates in my Marion County precinct and see that there are 4 Wayne Twnshp school board positions up for election. There happen to be only 4 candidates none have any political party affiliation listed. The 4 candidates are the 3 sitting officers and a sitting board member.
    So it doesn't matter what happens all 4 will be re-elected. And not a damn thing will change.
    Why do I feel like this is all pre-arranged?
    Because it is…has been for many moons.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    It will take conservative parents getting off their butts and taking action. These rogue school boards arent gonna vote themselves out.
    Don’t know much about their school board nowadays, but Wayne has always been a fairly conservative area of Indianapolis (grew up and graduated from there). I know the demographics have been changing since I last lived there 25 years ago, but it still seems the republicans have still been winning township positions.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Don’t know much about their school board nowadays, but Wayne has always been a fairly conservative area of Indianapolis (grew up and graduated from there). I know the demographics have been changing since I last lived there 25 years ago, but it still seems the republicans have still been winning township positions.
    I'm speaking in vague generalities. I'll be surprised if there is any competition for board seats down here in Decatur Twp.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    A member of this forum who is acquainted with Jon Hays was kind enough to PM me his cell number (with his permission, of course) and after talking on the phone with him the other day he's got my vote for sure today.

Top Bottom