• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They cannot operate in a country without the Sheriffs approval period. County Coroner is the only one that can arrest a Sheriff period. I can't help if they disregard common law.
    As wikipedia says, "citation needed."

Are you telling me the IRS can't audit me without approval? The AFT can't audit an FFL holder without approval? In each case or is there a blanket approval? Is the sheriff approving military bases in his county? FAA at airports? ICE? FDA? FCC? SEC? FEC?

That's a ****-ton of paperwork.

Fact check: partially true

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    As wikipedia says, "citation needed."

Are you telling me the IRS can't audit me without approval? The AFT can't audit an FFL holder without approval? In each case or is there a blanket approval? Is the sheriff approving military bases in his county? FAA at airports? ICE? FDA? FCC? SEC? FEC?

That's a ****-ton of paperwork.

Fact check: partially true

Like I said in another thread this Federal government is operating way outside of it's constitutional constraints.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I knew enough about that website when I scrolled down and saw the ad: "5G Radition: Are Protected?" and "CSPOA Proudly recommends Global Healing Natural Supplements and Detox Programs Made With Pure Ingredients"

:rolleyes:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I knew enough about that website when I scrolled down and saw the ad: "5G Radition: Are Protected?" and "CSPOA Proudly recommends Global Healing Natural Supplements and Detox Programs Made With Pure Ingredients"

:rolleyes:
    That all you got? An ad on a website. God forbid you go to a big news site like Fox or CNN etc they have all kinds of ads.

Great comeback

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That all you got? An add on a website. God forbid you go
    If they're spreading misinformation about cellphones and hawking healing oils, they've shown they can't be trusted. I'm sure if I digged around there, I'd find a reference to Wm. Blackstone's commentaries.

This isn't a website about what actually is the law, how how one man (CSPOA President Richard Mack) sees how things should be.

I did browse, and didn't see any actual laws cited, so if you have some laws (state of Indiana preferred) that supports your two claims, please post them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    If they're spreading misinformation about cellphones and hawking healing oils, they've shown they can't be trusted. I'm sure if I digged around there, I'd find a reference to Wm. Blackstone's commentaries.

This isn't a website about what actually is the law, how how one man (CSPOA President Richard Mack) sees how things should be.

I did browse, and didn't see any actual laws cited, so if you have some laws (state of Indiana preferred) that supports your two claims, please post them.
    I guess you didn't read what the Goshen county Sheriff had to say. You are closed minded person. You had several links showing you the history and how the laws work if you are interested call your local Sheriff up and ask directly. Very simple to do.

DEAR SHERIFF: I’ve heard the coroner can arrest the sheriff. Is this true? What else does the coroner do?

ANSWER: According to Indiana law, a warrant for the arrest of the county sheriff shall be served by the coroner or any other person to whom it may be legally directed.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Some places historically have long memories of antipathy to federal intrusion, Missouri and the Shenandoah valley come to mind. We can all talk about what's legal and what's not, but often that doesn't affect people's feelings. Those feelings may be reflected in who they vote for in local elections and what that elected leadership chooses to say.

Few here probably know what a Jennison monument is or who Black Dave was but I've worked with people from those respective areas and when you are having a drink or dinner with them after work, they all have a story.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A coroner has the power to arrest the sheriff, and has the same arrests powers as the sheriff when performing the duties of the sheriff. IC 35-33-1-3. A coroner has the authority to arrest any person when performing the duties of the sheriff under IC 36-2-14-4 and authority to arrest the sheriff under IC 36-2-14-5.

Wow that was hard to find even for an old guy like me who chicken pecks to type.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Some places historically have long memories of antipathy to federal intrusion, Missouri and the Shenandoah valley come to mind. We can all talk about what's legal and what's not, but often that doesn't affect people's feelings. Those feelings may be reflected in who they vote for in local elections and what that elected leadership chooses to say.

Few here probably know what a Jennison monument is or who Black Dave was but I've worked with people from those respective areas and when you are having a drink or dinner with them after work, they all have a story.

Few perhaps... be definitely some....maybe not enough.

Hell, find the right "sheriff" in Shenandoah and he might just skip the arrest of a fed and go straight to feeding him to the hogs.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A coroner has the power to arrest the sheriff, and has the same arrests powers as the sheriff when performing the duties of the sheriff. IC 35-33-1-3. A coroner has the authority to arrest any person when performing the duties of the sheriff under IC 36-2-14-4 and authority to arrest the sheriff under IC 36-2-14-5.

Wow that was hard to find even for an old guy like me who chicken pecks to type.
    OK, where does it say that only the coroner can arrest the sheriff as you claimed? That says he can arrest the sheriff, and can arrest others when acting as sheriff.

Hence the reason I stated your claim is "partially true". And if it's closed minded to be precise and see exactly what the law say, well, I'll wear that badge.

IC 36-2-14-5
    Service of warrant for arrest of county sheriff; custody of jail and prisoners
    Sec. 5. A warrant for the arrest of the county sheriff shall be
    served by the coroner or any other person to whom it may be legally
    directed
    . The coroner, who shall commit the sheriff to the county jail,
    has custody of the jail and its prisoners during the imprisonment of
    the sheriff.
    [emphasis added]

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    OK, where does it say that only the coroner can arrest the sheriff as you claimed? That says he can arrest the sheriff, and can arrest others when acting as sheriff.

Hence the reason I stated your claim is "partially true". And if it's closed minded to be precise and see exactly what the law say, well, I'll wear that badge.

IC 36-2-14-5
    Service of warrant for arrest of county sheriff; custody of jail and prisoners
    Sec. 5. A warrant for the arrest of the county sheriff shall be
    served by the coroner or any other person to whom it may be legally
    directed
    . The coroner, who shall commit the sheriff to the county jail,
    has custody of the jail and its prisoners during the imprisonment of
    the sheriff.
    [emphasis added]
    A court issues a warrant for a Sheriff's arrest. The county coroner takes the warrant and does it himself or gives it to someone acting under his authority.

We learned this stuff in middle school when we were learning about state and local government. The majority of states are set up this way as well. Like I said earlier call your local Sheriff up im sure he will explain it to you.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Actually the Sheriff is more powerful than the federal government in his county. Only the county coroner can arrest a Sheriff. A Sheriff can refuse to enforce unconstitutional laws that he feels are unconstitutional.

Even if the SCOTUS rules the only thing legal is muzzleloaders that SCOTUS would be wrong and in violation of the constitution.

In 1994, the Tenth Amendment was reaffirmed by the Court when Sheriff Mack and Printz sued the Clinton Administration. The opinion in Mack and Printz v. United States stated, “The Framers rejected the concept of a central government that would act upon and through the States, and instead designed a system in which the State and Federal Governments would exercise concurrent authority over the people. The Federal Government’s power would be augmented immeasurably and impermissibly if it were able to impress into its service–and at no cost to itself–the police officers of the 50 States…Federal control of state officers would also have an effect upon the separation and equilibration of powers between the three branches of the Federal Government itself.”

If a federal agency wants to do something inside a county it must first get permission from the Sheriff of that county.
    Sorry, I've been unavailable for a week or so. The above post has a great deal wrong that should be corrected so people understand things.

For state crimes, yes, the coroner is the proper authority to arrest a sheriff (in Indiana).

But, federal officials can (and do) arrest sheriffs for federal crimes.

Now, it ought not be a federal crime for county sheriffs to decline participation in federal LEO actions. Nor should it be a state crime for federal LEOs to engage in federal LEO actions.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Nullification for the win.

Feds infringing upon the natural rights documented in the second amendment to the constitution of the united States can go pound sand.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Nullification for the win.

Feds infringing upon the natural rights documented in the second amendment to the constitution of the united States can go pound sand.
    Which is altogether different from passing a state law making it illegal (not unconstitutional - state laws can't do that) for federal authorities to enforce (hypothetical) federal law.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Some of the State boys like to make a big noise.

It would be more effective if they simply told the Feds to go **** themselves all the way to Hell and then left the mother ****ers on their own.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ive talked to a few of our local Sheriff deputies they said they would resign before enforcement of any law that would require confiscation of firearms from the local citizens. I will not mention names as I do not want to cause problems for them. I'm sure there are thousands of local law enforcement who feel the same way.

Knight Rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Michiana
    Ive talked to a few of our local Sheriff deputies they said they would resign before enforcement of any law that would require confiscation of firearms from the local citizens. I will not mention names as I do not want to cause problems for them. I'm sure there are thousands of local law enforcement who feel the same way.
    I also know this to be true.... However, after resignation we are left with the thousands of others who have no problem goose-stepping their way to your front door and beyond. Resignation is not enough. Being sworn to uphold the Constitution doesn’t absolve you from responsibility by just stepping aside and watching others violate it.

Top Bottom