• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    I didn't know quite what forum to put this one in, but I recently interviewed a former Missile Combat Crew Commander at a decommissioned launch facility in North Dakota.

[video=youtube;ePicUr5f8CU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePicUr5f8CU[/video]

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Very neat. I bet that was a great opportunity. Thanks for posting it. Subscribing, please post part II here when you post it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Interesting. I'd known there had to be two guys in a launch center turn their keys to launch a missile but I didn't know there had to be two others as well--unless some deadman timer timed out.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    Interesting. I'd known there had to be two guys in a launch center turn their keys to launch a missile but I didn't know there had to be two others as well--unless some deadman timer timed out.

And that time is...classified. I love when I get that answer from someone. Doesn't matter the question.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Awesome video. My uncle worked in one of those silos in Arizona for a while. His team even won a few awards for being "team of the year" or something like that.

And man, that prior commander is sure enjoying being out of the services and growing out his beard!

Top Bottom