• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I attended Shay's Intro and Dynamic Force on Force classes on Oct. 24th-25th in Indy. This may well prove to be the most valuable training I've ever had. The course gave me the opportunity to observe, test and critically evaluate my actions, reactions and ability to make decisions under various and increasing levels of stress in scenarios directly relevant to my life. Anyone who says what they will or won't do when suddenly faced with a life-threatening situation is fooling themselves. Short of becoming an actual statistic, there is only one way to find out: to place oneself in direct contact with living, breathing, moving opponents.
    Many deficiencies were identified and constructively improved on. Without listing them all here, the main thing I came away with was the realization that my situational awareness, reaction time, and proper use of cover and distance were not as good as previously thought. There is so much more, internalized and difficult to articulate, but I don't want to spoil it for you. It's not enough to read words on a page, or to assume that square range practice or imagined actions will see you through. You must test yourself. I highly recommend this training.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Thank you for posting your review.

We covered a lot of material for those of you who were there for both days. I saw a great transformation from the beginning to the end where the principles really started to come together for you.

I'm working to get copies of the pictures that were taken at class and I'll post them soon after.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I am picking up the class pics tonight. I should be able to get some posted in the next few days.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Here is the class picture from the Dynamic Force on Force class on Sunday. We had a great group of students.

dfof10_25.jpg

I'll post pics from the training later this weekend.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    Sorry I was working and not able to make it to this one Shay! Looks like you guys had a blast and from having attended a couple of your earlier classes, I know the group learned more than they suspected they would.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Here are some pictures taken in Intro to Force on Force.

The box-o-masks we use.
    masks.jpg

Working through the steps of a purposeful draw stroke.
    position2.jpg

Showing why position is important when things get dynamic.
    teaching4.jpg

teaching5.jpg

Checking students' structures.
    teaching1.jpg

Learning to work with your back to a wall.
    back_to_the_wall.jpg

Position 3.
    position3.jpg

teaching2.jpg

Position 4.
    teaching3.jpg

position4.jpg

position4_2.jpg

Teaching that proximity (and other factors) dictates level of extension.
    teaching6.jpg

Student view.
    mask1.jpg

The med kit :)
    hc.jpg

Top Bottom