• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Nick, I have a friend and business associate who purchased a building and believe he has a milling machine, lathe, and several other things. I will have him contact you via email (he's not a forum member). If you get a phone call or see an email come from a guy named JUAN then that is my friend/associate. Look for something from him later today or Monday. I gave him your name/phone/email.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    More and more of that around here these days, if you hadn't noticed.

I've got an extra 9x42 Bridgeport north of Terre Haute. Has a 2 axis DRO and a vise. Needs a good cleaning to get the surface rust cleaned up, its been sitting for six years. V-Belt drive with a 110 electric motor. May have the original three phase motor down there as well.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've got an extra 9x42 Bridgeport north of Terre Haute. Has a 2 axis DRO and a vise. Needs a good cleaning to get the surface rust cleaned up, its been sitting for six years. V-Belt drive with a 110 electric motor. May have the original three phase motor down there as well.

pm sent.

(im kidding you got to be quick on the draw around here)

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    BRIDGEPORT MILL

Maybe not exactly what you want, but I thought I'd give it a try. 3 phase motor is the biggest downfall I see for this one (unless you have 3 phase power hookup) but you could easily buy/make a phase converter for it.

Just my :twocents:, it is cheaper to replace the motor with a single phase motor then it is for a phase converter most of the time. Not to mention the power required to up convert to 3 phase.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Just my :twocents:, it is cheaper to replace the motor with a single phase motor then it is for a phase converter most of the time. Not to mention the power required to up convert to 3 phase.

the 3 phase to 1 phase converters run around 150-200 dollars dont know what you can get a new motor for. If it comes three phase i will convert it for now (have 220 in the shop) but will run it three phase whenever i settle into a dedicated location in the future.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    mill

If you check any machinery forum you will find that 3ph runs smother than single phase. Less vibration +smother cut Werther a lathe or mill.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    CASE CLOSED!!!!

P2240130-1.jpg

mynewmill.jpg

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom