• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    Does anyone have any experience using a millermatic 250 mig welder? I use Miller tig and arc welders at work and they are fantastic, but i've never really messed with their wirefeeders.

Thanks.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'll throw in a ringing endorsement for them as well. Trouble free workhorses that will do heavy work and even fine sheet metal work as well. In the range it's designed for you're not going to go wrong with it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I can't lay a decent bead with a miller, but I have no problems with a Lincoln...

I have no idea why.

With that being said, Millers are excellent welders.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Miller and older Hobart are both top-notch machines. Before ITW (owns Miller) bought Hobart they were a great industrial welder (really didn't have a stake in the hobbyist/home-shop market). But when ITW proposed to acquire Hobart the FTC accused them of trying to monopolize or something like that and forced them into an agreement that essentially made Hobart the home-shop/hobbyist stuff and Miller the industrial stuff so they wouldn't hold a monopoly??

I'm not really sure but I know my dad has a ~90's Hobart that has layed down thousands of pounds of weld-bead in the 2+ decades he has owned it and it is problem free. I've also used Millers extensively and I can say that between my dad's older Hobart and the Miller 250 I don't have a preference, they are both great welders.

I don't know how great the newer Hobart welders are since the FTC had to go much around with things...

buffalohump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    I have a Miller 250 mig, Bought it new in Kokomo several years ago. Love it , they can sell it when I Die. Also have a Hobart CT Tig & Stick, & Hobart 400 amp portable powered by a flathead Chrysler straight 8

Top Bottom