• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    For those On the west side of the state there is 2 stores in Brazil One that has a majority of clothing in different styles and sizes. The other has mostly relics, some books too. Both on 40 in the downtown area.

the one on the west end of brazil went under.....it's a half a$$ antique store now

m2hoss

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Indy area
    +1
    LOL, I checked that place out a few weeks ago. Kind of looks like a big trashy closet. Not worth your time. I was in and out in 2 seconds.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hammond Army Navy has turned into a sporting goods store. I couldn't find any surplus when I was last there.

The one in Hammond is now CLOSED as of DEC 2008. I will miss it back in it's day you could get a lot of good stuff that was INDEED mil surplus. The last few years it went downhill. :cool:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    There is a new Army Surplus store that opened a couple of months ago in Alexandria. Its small shop but they do have some gear. ALICE Packs, canteens 1qrt and 2qrt, BDU's, feild jackets w/liners, some old holsters, MRE's (high price), and AMMO (high price). They are in the process of getting FFL to sell guns but that is probably still a few months away. Nice folks to deal with. Store is a little small and I wouldn't drive to far to visit.

Another good optiopn for Military surplus is EBAY. I have found great deals on e-bay.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I go to Brian's every so often...found some good deals on ammo and he's got a bunch of ammo cans, though his prices on some types of ammo and mags have changed to reflect the current environment. It's a small shop, but jammed full of stuff. If you're in the area, it's worth a stop I think.

abbersmom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Hymera
    Also, on the west side of Bloomington, take 45 west past Walmart, to Karst Farm Park (the first light) and at the northwest intersection there is a surplus store called Traildust. The guy who works there is quiet and weird, and doesn't seem to know much about guns, but other than that they are ok. No screaming bargains, but in Bloomington there arent many options either.

We've been to this one and bought some blankets. I don't remember a lot about it, but thought we might stop back in when we're over that way.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Second vote for GI Joes in Ft. Wayne. They have been a round a long time. A few years ago the selection was crappy-old used up stuff LBE-1 type and cheap Fox brand chinese knovk offs, Since we have been at war for 8 years, the Guard guys have turned in a lot of stuff. But you have to go regularly. They have gear packed to the ceiling, and lots of interesting stuff as well as the staples. Recent find: Interceptor vest w/ soft panels including collar, $70. Woodland cover was dirty, greasy but washed up fine. The armor alone was worth twice that.

RTDoug

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    What about the east side of Muncie? I was there one time, and cant remember the location to save my a$$.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I stopped in the store at 21st and Arlington today and picked up a couple ammo boxes. As said before, the employees are real nice guys. Selection seemed to be less then they had about 5 years ago. Still a very good store.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a new Army Surplus store that opened a couple of months ago in Alexandria. Its small shop but they do have some gear. ALICE Packs, canteens 1qrt and 2qrt, BDU's, feild jackets w/liners, some old holsters, MRE's (high price), and AMMO (high price). They are in the process of getting FFL to sell guns but that is probably still a few months away. Nice folks to deal with. Store is a little small and I wouldn't drive to far to visit.

Another good optiopn for Military surplus is EBAY. I have found great deals on e-bay.

I just got back from that little Army Surplus store in Alexandria.

Anyway I agree with USMC's description of the place, the owners were very nice, even going so far as allowing me to lace up a pair of boots to try on, test fit my handgun in a holster prior to buying it, set up a campstove & mess kit to make sure everything was in order, etc so I'll definately be doing business with them again, but they are just straight up 9 from me so it's not like I have to drive very far to get there.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Finally made it to TrailDust yesterday. I'd been turning too soon and was never able to locate it before. Completed my mission for ammo cans. I bought the 50 cal @ 6 dollars each. Cans were in good condition and he had a large supply of various sizes :rockwoot:

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    The one in bedford is okay as far as army surplus goes. I also think the one at 21st and arlington isn't bad either. I work just down the street so I stop in every so often.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The store in Greenfield at Green Meadows shopping center is pretty good plus if you want something the owner will order it for you.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just a heads up, I went back to the new Alexandria Army surplus store to pick up the rest of my ammo can order & they tried to jack the price up on me (from the agreed upon $5.00 per can to $7.00 per can).

I turned around to walk out the store and he came down to $6.00 a can so I went ahead and bought them, but I was not a very happy camper about it.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Finally made it to TrailDust yesterday. I'd been turning too soon and was never able to locate it before. Completed my mission for ammo cans. I bought the 50 cal @ 6 dollars each. Cans were in good condition and he had a large supply of various sizes :rockwoot:

did he have any multicam in yet? hopefully he was in a good mood for you, the last month or so he's been real pissy.

Top Bottom