• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel

I briefly heard this morning that (and I am paraphrasing)Mike Pence said we need to look at the underlying problems and not punish thelaw abiding citizens that rightfully carry. I would like to find out more butmy searches come up with nothing. Anyone else heard what he has said?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Looks like the Michigan Governor got all wobbly and didn't sign their recently passed legislation that would have allowed licensed carry IN SCHOOLS with a bit more training (3 hrs, I think).

That's the headline on Fox anyway. I can't get the article page to load.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Short article, and to the point.

Pence will have his hands full with the new State School Super.

Only for the liberal media. The new Superintendent reports to a board that is solidly Republican. Her election really just means that the school reforms that were underway, of which Indiana led the nation, will now be stalled until we can get rid of her.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    PLEASE bombard the governor and state legislators and department of public safety website/email with POLITE and concise requests to allow at a minimum the school employees with CCW licenses to carry on school grounds, and preferably to encourage it, or even require it, and best of all to allow ANY citizen with CCW privileges to exercise them at school.

Make the point that we all know the 'gun laws' being proposed will just be an ineffective, symbolic, and token 'response' to the problem, and that a psychopath will eventually do the same thing somewhere again, REGARDLESS of the laws. THE ONE SINGLE POINT where these nutcases could EASILY and effectively be stopped is at the point-of-crime; and ONLY the teachers and other school-staff are there all the time.

Also it takes but a couple hours to teach the average non-gun person how to safely handle a firearm, and you don't have to have FBI sniper skills to just lock the classroom door, herd the kids into a corner away from the door, and tell them that if anybody kicks the door in, they will shoot them. ANYONE can learn that, and if they are too stupid to learn that, they shouldn't be a teacher anyway.

Many of my patients are teachers, and already have CCW permits. You're damned right I'd want one of THEM to be my kid's teacher, AND ARMED, if my kid were in a school with a nutcase trying to harm them.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Though he's the elected governor, this is not a time for him to attack or berate existing laws in this state. Especially considering that he's alligned politically with the outgoing governor.
    :patriot:
    Pence continues to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives (6th Dist.) until he begins his first term as governor in early January. We'll hear plenty more out of him-though it won't likely be statements that oppose our rights under the constitution, or any interpretation of that document in a more liberal fashion.

Top Bottom