• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Good news

I want to know where all these states are giving licenses to "convicted stalkers" and domestic abusers? I could start on a rant but that is the topic of another thread.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    South Carolina is a State I visit every year. This would be a great thing. I would also like to see W. Virginia included as well. -Jason

I think West Virginia is included, but would need to check. All the reciprocity changes are good but I will still maintain my FL and UT nonresidents. Just never know when stuff might change.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I read it twice and if it said I didn't see it. If it gets passed, when would it take effect? I am going to south Carolina this summer.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I think West Virginia is included, but would need to check. All the reciprocity changes are good but I will still maintain my FL and UT nonresidents. Just never know when stuff might change.
    I just checked, you are right. For some reason I didn't think it was. Or maybe, it wasn't when I was there 7 years ago. -Jason

BFG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I read it twice and if it said I didn't see it. If it gets passed, when would it take effect? I am going to south Carolina this summer.

SECTION 2. Section 23-31-215(N) of the 1976 Code, as last amended by Act 223 of 2016, is further amended to read:

"(N)(1) Valid out-of-state permits to carry concealable weapons held by a resident of a reciprocal state, or a state that recognizes and honors a valid South Carolina permit, who is twenty-one years old or older must be honored by this State, provided, that the reciprocal state requires an applicant to successfully pass a criminal background check and a course in firearm training and safety. A resident of a reciprocal state carrying a concealable weapon in South Carolina with a valid out-of-state permit to carry a concealable weapon is subject to and must abide by the laws of South Carolina regarding concealable weapons while in South Carolina. SLED shall maintain and publish a list of those states as the states with which South Carolina has reciprocity. The age twenty-one requirement does not apply to a member of the active or reserve military, or a member of the National Guard.
    SECTION 5. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.

:)

According to handgunlaw.us "Indiana Honors all other states Permit Licenses"

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Wife and I own some property in SC via a timeshare. This would be a welcome change!

If you're property owners, aren't you already eligible to receive a SC non-resident permit? Or do timeshares not constitute ownership of real property?

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    If you're property owners, aren't you already eligible to receive a SC non-resident permit? Or do timeshares not constitute ownership of real property?

What I was told is that owning property one week per year didn't count. I plan on calling back in a few weeks, since it has already been a few weeks...

Top Bottom