Midwest Shooting Center...coming soon to South Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yes, it's been discussed before. But it's been a while.

The company's site states that the south Indy store will be open in late 2022. Well, people, it's now late 2022. The company website says the address of the new place is 8921 US 31 South. That's the exact same address as the Bulldog Liquidators building (formerly HH Gregg)

I live not too far south of there. I'm through there quite a bit. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out where this new place is going to be? There's not really any new construction of anything in that general area that I can picture.

Have they shelved their plans? Have they changed their location and not updated the website?

Anyone have any real updates?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I spent some time driving around that shopping center trying to see any sign of construction but found nothing. I really hope that it’s still in the works but worry that the project might have been abandoned or at least, delayed.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I spent some time driving around that shopping center trying to see any sign of construction but found nothing. I really hope that it’s still in the works but worry that the project might have been abandoned or at least, delayed.
    Right? I just can't pick out where it's going.

They tore the old 5/3rd office building / training center down - CFA is there now.

The old health food / grocery store is now Total Wine.

There's the gym and the party supply store there to the north of Co. Ln. Mall.

Bulldog Liguidators isn't going anywhere. Denny's isn't going anywhere.

That new little strip center where Red Wing and Starbucks is - they're not going anywhere.

Hopping across 31 there's the Kirkland's - they're not going anywhere. Jack in the Box isn't. Big Lots isn't. That big strip center where TJ Maxx and the pizza place, and Sportsman's aren't going anywhere.

Now they were clearing some of the land between the hospital entrance and the church - but that's not much land at all - and there's a drainage that runs right through it. I suppose that's a small possibility - but if Midwest did/does ANY kind of market analysis, they'd have known that Sportsman's Warehouse is in the immediately adjacent strip mall. No range, but they sell a fair amount of firearms I'm sure - even at their ridiculous prices.

So - I'm still stumped.

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    They are still advertising job openings for management…so I assume they haven’t killed the plan. If they have they are wasting money on Job posting sites.
    Now that you mention it, I do remember coming across a posting or two for managers on ZipRecruiter or something similar. This was several months ago.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The reported address is Bulldog Liquidators. I've been in there and it would be more appropriately called a flea market or junk store. Hard to see it being long-term successful but I imagine they have a lease which would preclude anything happening until the lease is terminated. If they started work today, it would be some time before it became a shooting range. I think it's fair to assume there are many hoops to jump through before opening a range in Indianapolis. I am, nonetheless, hopeful.

There are also rumors of a new gun shop across 135 from the LA Fitness south of Frey Rd. Across the parking lot south of Steve's Flowers. They had business cards by the register of a restaurant I frequent but there was no sign of the shop except for an empty office space.. The restaurant removed the cards.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The reported address is Bulldog Liquidators. I've been in there and it would be more appropriately called a flea market or junk store. Hard to see it being long-term successful but I imagine they have a lease which would preclude anything happening until the lease is terminated. If they started work today, it would be some time before it became a shooting range. I think it's fair to assume there are many hoops to jump through before opening a range in Indianapolis. I am, nonetheless, hopeful.

There are also rumors of a new gun shop across 135 from the LA Fitness south of Frey Rd. Across the parking lot south of Steve's Flowers. They had business cards by the register of a restaurant I frequent but there was no sign of the shop except for an empty office space.. The restaurant removed the cards.
    I agree with your assessment of Bulldog Liquidators. Pallets of just... crap. Shelves with dusty merchandise, totally unorganized.

Daburkster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2022
    Fort Wayne IN
    They are still advertising job openings for management…so I assume they haven’t killed the plan. If they have they are wasting money on Job posting sites.
    There is a new Midwest in Fort Wayne. I went for the first time today. Very nice with lots of high end guns as well as a large indoor shooting range. I don’t know about Indy but I was impressed with the one in Fort Wayne.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    There is a new Midwest in Fort Wayne. I went for the first time today. Very nice with lots of high end guns as well as a large indoor shooting range. I don’t know about Indy but I was impressed with the one in Fort Wayne.
    The Midwest in Cridersville Ohio is much larger and nicer, I have shop 3p high power indoors on there 100 yard range. There is a Midwest in Maumee Ohio as well.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It's more than rumors of that new shop. Greenwood Trading Post, is the name, I think.

I've not yet been in, but I found them on FB and gave them a follow.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I agree with your assessment of Bulldog Liquidators. Pallets of just... crap. Shelves with dusty merchandise, totally unorganized.
    they had a nice setup when they opened on east washington a few years back. i bought a couple of airsoft replicas for $20 each...a mpk5 & a dpms ar for my grandboy.

i haven't been in there lately though.

Top Bottom