• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Watching live, jury just came in, about to give verdict on mom’s guilt or innocence on weather she is complicit in son’s actions.

And she’s guilty of invol man slaut. Looks like x 4

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Good. Everything I have read indicates the parents and able to child, along with the school.

The little freak should have been searched when the parents were called for the first conference.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Guilty on all 4 counts.

I didn't follow the case, but generally speaking, if parents ignore clear warning signs, I'm good with them being held liable in some fashion.

These cases are caused, first and foremost by the shooters, but when parents are willfully ignorant or turn a blind eye, they are second in line.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Guilty on all 4 counts.

I didn't follow the case, but generally speaking, if parents ignore clear warning signs, I'm good with them being held liable in some fashion.

These cases are caused, first and foremost by the shooters, but when parents are willfully ignorant or turn a blind eye, they are second in line.
    Been following this one. Been preaching this exact thing for at least 10 years. You want to put a dent in illegal shooting start holding the parents of these underage thugs accountable. At least the ones that have some culpability.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Guilty on all 4 counts.

How about the school?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yeah I know, and I agree that the parents carry some of the blame.

My point is the school/state has taken on the responsibility of the safety of the students and staff and they failed.

School / state is never punished for failure; only those paying for school / state bear the burden.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    How about the school?

I agree 100% WHEN the school is aware. I forget the case but there was one where the principal confronted the parents and asked them to get him mental health help. The parents said "NO." The principal should not have made it a request.

In almost every case where the school administration is involved they should also be held accountable. They have taken on the responsibility of protecting all of the people under their watch.

Regards,

Doug

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I agree 100% WHEN the school is aware. I forget the case but there was one where the principal confronted the parents and asked them to get him mental health help. The parents said "NO." The principal should not have made it a request.

In almost every case where the school administration is involved they should also be held accountable. They have taken on the responsibility of protecting all of the people under their watch.

Regards,

Doug
    That's this case.

If I remember correctly someone on the school staff also returned his backpack the gun was in after making some comment along the line of, is there a gun in there it's pretty heavy. This is after they found drawings of a bloody scene and people being shot as well.

A lot of warnings were ignored all around.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How about the school?
    Depends upon what they knew, but for criminal liability, we have to look at specific individuals, not the school as a whole. Then criminal liability demands more than mere negligence- even criminal negligence is more than mere negligence.

For civil liability, sure the school and there are several possible types of negligence, but there is not strict liability.

Last edited:

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    After the criminal system found this parent guilty I’m fairly positive there will be civil cases to follow, if they haven’t begun already. The father is still waiting to go to trial.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Glad to hear this Verdict. The Parents were aware of the sons mental issues and Celebrated getting him a Firearm. Then when called to the School they refused to take him out of School. Can Schools even kick kids out, or are they afraid of Law Suits?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Glad to hear this Verdict. The Parents were aware of the sons mental issues and Celebrated getting him a Firearm. Then when called to the School they refused to take him out of School. Can Schools even kick kids out, or are they afraid of Law Suits?
    Yes they can kick them out.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Willful ignorance by the parents and the parents enabling the son by giving him a firearm was a recipe for disaster. Thankfully the jury followed the law, instructions by the judge, saw through the BS of the mother’s defense and convicted on all four counts.
    Hopefully this sends a message to parents in similar situations.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I would have personally hung that jury.

The mother is not a qualified psychologist, nor is she capable of seeing the future. Only one person pulled the trigger.

Shoveling every gun owner within arms reach of a tragedy into prison ain't it.
    I disagree. Although the kid was the one to pull the trigger, there was clear negligence on the parents part. I have 4 kids, and I can guarantee you I would know if my child was responsible enough to handle a firearm. I would also know if there were any red flags that would cause me to not allow them access to my firearms. They clearly knew there were red flags, as the school had some discussion with them about their son. They may not have pulled the trigger, but their negligence contributed to his actions.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would have personally hung that jury.

The mother is not a qualified psychologist, nor is she capable of seeing the future. Only one person pulled the trigger.

Shoveling every gun owner within arms reach of a tragedy into prison ain't it

Hypothetical: You see a crime about to be committed. You have it within your power to prevent it. Do you?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom