• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    I've found a local farmer a few miles from my house that will let me shoot out in the woods behind his farm.
    I've never seen anyone else back there, but by looking around at all the old brass & shells I knew I wasn't the only one who uses this location.

So today I take my AR15 (DPMS Sportical) to sight in a new scope, my new MPA 971 to try out & some 22 pistols for fun.
    I had already put the AR & MPA 971 away & was going on to plinking with the pistols (A Buckmark & a ISSC M22) when a stranger comes walking up as I was reloading.

He told me he was going to be shooting up the lane with his 308 & would actually be shooting over the lane so to honk before driveing through.
    So I told him I'd finish up & just head out.

I get up to where this person is setting up, I stop & we start talking guns.
    I asked if I could see his 308 (being noisy) & he pulls out a full on custom AR10!
    I'm "gun drunk" now & it gets better, he asked if I'd stick around & he'd let me shoot it!!
    He was shooting at 350 yards...I figured what the heck, love to shoot the AR10, but never shot that far.
    We took turns shooting 3 shots, the 1st time we walked out to the backstop & I was shocked I had grouped about 3" on my target, again keep in mind this was a 1st for me & we were shooting into a pretty good headwind.
    After we made it back up to our shooting location we kept at it 3 shots then check the target...only I offered to drive us out in my truck across the corn field the rest of the time.

Later we headed back to where I was shooting when he first approached me & he let me try his WASR AK (another 1st) & he put some rounds through my MPA 971.
    Then onto the 22 pistols.

We exchanged numbers so next time we head out to the farm we can do some shooting again.
    Just wanted to share...was my first time shooting an AR10, long range & an AK.
    Plus I have someone to hangout with & talk guns at the range now!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That sounds like an awesome day! There is nothing like finding a like-minded brother and someone who is willing to let you use his land. You had a pretty nice Friday the 13th.

Top Bottom