• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Just left Merillville walmart, even though i hate the store, i figured i would see what htey had for ammo. They have a little .223, tiny packs of 22, i think 1 wwb .45 about 2 boxes of wwb .40 and about 15-20 boxes of federal 50 packs of .40, after i bought my 4 boxes for my stash. I also talked to the guy at the counter, and he said that the gander mountain across the street will come over and purchase for resale, along with another shop in lowell or crown point. The only one he knew for sure was gander mountain. Thats pretty sad that the big stores get ammo and otehr stores have to go buy it and jack up the prices to unsuspecting consumers.

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    I was just there a couple hours ago and bought a couple boxes of Federal .40 I guess I won't be buying from Gander across the street

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Hey Fellow Region Rats - I have always had great luck with Westforth Sports located at 4704 Roosevelt St · Gary (219) 980-0680. They guys there are great to deal with and no shortage of rifles, pistols, accessories and ammo. Check them out.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I bought 500 rounds of .40 from Westforth a couple months ago. They usually have ammo in stock, just gotta decide if the price is right. I usually deal with the younger guy there since we discuss heavy metal while I'm there. Buddy of mine went there and waited 5 minutes for service, then left to sell his rifle at Blythe's in Griffith. All depends how patient you are for service I guess.

Wal-Mart in Schererville had some .40 in stock, not much else last week. Deb's is pretty low and probably still only selling practice rounds if you are going to shoot there.

versuchstier147

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Indiana
    I was at the Franklin Walmart about two months ago, and they had 7 boxes of 9mm. They're lying when they say you can only get 6 a day.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I just want a darn box of 9mm.

I freaking hate gander mountain. Their ammo prices are so horrible.

9mm is out there, I got some at both Walmart and Meijer in the last month.

Ammo pops up here and there at Sville Walmart, Blythes in Griffith isn't out of line with their ammo prices and they typically have what I need in stock. I got a couple 100rd WWB .380 for $30ea a couple weeks ago. Just picked up 200rds of 9mm fmj for $30. I'm going to try Valpo Blythes tomorrow after I leave Porter hospital.

Westforths didn't have ANYTHING I needed when I stopped in there. No .380, no target 9mm, looked like tons of 40, maybe some 45 and rifle rounds.

Cabelas has had SD rounds on the shelf for a while in all calibers, with various types of .45 cycling in and out. Not much else sadly, and priced about the same as any gun shop with the exception of Gander.

If gander mtn is actually purchasing retail to resell at a retail store, I believe this is illegal. There was a thread about it a while back. Not so sure I'd trust the guy at Walmart behind the counter either. In my experience they haven't been the brightest and tend to just repeat things others have told them. How does he know Gander is buying the ammo and putting it on their shelves? Or is he just repeating what he's heard others say when they're complaining about the lack of ammo in stock.

I did manage to buy some .380 at Gander a while ago, $18/box 50 for privi parcheesi or whatever the name is, FMJ. Didn't think that was unreasonable given the prices everywhere else. However the 100rd WWB .40S&W that was marked $48.99 or the $50 boxes of 50 WWB FMJ .45.... :dunno:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    9mm is out there, I got some at both Walmart and Meijer in the last month.

Ammo pops up here and there at Sville Walmart, Blythes in Griffith isn't out of line with their ammo prices and they typically have what I need in stock. I got a couple 100rd WWB .380 for $30ea a couple weeks ago. Just picked up 200rds of 9mm fmj for $30. I'm going to try Valpo Blythes tomorrow after I leave Porter hospital.

Westforths didn't have ANYTHING I needed when I stopped in there. No .380, no target 9mm, looked like tons of 40, maybe some 45 and rifle rounds.

Cabelas has had SD rounds on the shelf for a while in all calibers, with various types of .45 cycling in and out. Not much else sadly, and priced about the same as any gun shop with the exception of Gander.

If gander mtn is actually purchasing retail to resell at a retail store, I believe this is illegal. There was a thread about it a while back. Not so sure I'd trust the guy at Walmart behind the counter either. In my experience they haven't been the brightest and tend to just repeat things others have told them. How does he know Gander is buying the ammo and putting it on their shelves? Or is he just repeating what he's heard others say when they're complaining about the lack of ammo in stock.

I did manage to buy some .380 at Gander a while ago, $18/box 50 for privi parcheesi or whatever the name is, FMJ. Didn't think that was unreasonable given the prices everywhere else. However the 100rd WWB .40S&W that was marked $48.99 or the $50 boxes of 50 WWB FMJ .45.... :dunno:

According to the guy he seen it himself. But I do agree, probably cant be trusted, but he did seem very sure.

What time are you going to blythes tomorrow BTW? Going to shoot or just check ammo?

Top Bottom