Men's Warehouse vs. Joseph A. Bank--Opinions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    For a cheap suit, Banana Republic makes a good looking modern fit. They are not trendy/weird in the ridiculous too small/too tight/too effeminate way, but definitely modern with the more tailored waist in the coat, lower waistline in the trousers, no cuffs, etc. They do not have much in the way of variety, though, so if you don't like the cut or the few colors they have nothing for you.

I've had good luck with eBay. I'm quite partial to Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece and Hickey Freeman suits. They tend to be more traditional cuts, less fitted, higher waist, etc. The cloth is excellent quality and the canvas is horsehair instead of glued fabric. If you've only worn cheap suits, it's a real difference in breathability. I'm as comfortable in a Hickey Freeman jacket as I am a t-shirt in the heat. It also stands up to dry cleaning much better than glue. These suits new run four figures easy, but used they aren't bad if you are patient and you can be in an as new one with tailoring for roughly the same money as a cheap off the rack McSuit. The closer to the ends of the sizing bell curve you are, the more patient you'll need to be.

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    The poor gal at the Albany Pak a sak was so confused at my constantly changing wardrobe that she finally asked just what it was I did for a living. To be fair though, it wouldn't have been unusual for her to see me filthy, covered in grass clippings and dust, wearing factory blues, in a full suit, or dressed nicely for a date or family get together, all different times of the day and night, in one week. LOL.
    You must have a small gas tank. That's a lot of times in the Pak-a-sak

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm amazed at how many young people don't even wear them to interviews anymore. Had a young guy come in Friday in a suit, dressed to the 9's. What a breath of fresh air that was. It communicates quite a bit about how seriously they are taking the interview and it also shows respect for the organization and people with whom they are interviewing.
    I've always heard dress one step above what you'll be wearing on the job for the interview as a general guideline. Unless you'll be wearing a suit for the job, for God's sake don't wear a tux.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've always heard dress one step above what you'll be wearing on the job for the interview as a general guideline. Unless you'll be wearing a suit for the job, for God's sake don't wear a tux.
    I never even had an interview for my current job with the DoD (that I started 11 years ago). I just kept applying online through usajobs.com and submitting resumes. Got hired twice. I accepted the first one, but then they called again a couple of days later and offered me another one at a higher pay grade, so I declined the first and accepted the second. I could've been completely naked for all they knew. I hope to retire from this job, but if I ever have to apply for another job, I'm planning on going naked. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom