Mega Arms Maten (AR-10) build finally underway....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    3months ago I finally got my hands on a long awaited Mega Arms Maten lower to start my precision AR10 build. After hours of research and coin flipping, I've settled on a prospective parts list and started to piece together most of the lower. It will probably take me most of 2014 to track down all I want, but this is what I have so far....

Parts List:

Pictures and First Impressions:

_SAM1496.JPG
    The lower is impressive! The finish is excellent and the pre-installed ambi-bolt release is quality. I picked the UPG16 pistol grip for its interchangeable finger-grooves and backstraps and palm shelf.
    _SAM1499.JPG
    I went back and forth between between the Magpul PRS and this CAA SRS buttstock. I wanted something fully adjustable and eventually went with the CAA because I found a slightly used one on ebay for CHEAP. The metal "leg" feels super sturdy and very high quality. It telescopes in two different sections and can be twisted to make slight elevation adjustments. The length of pull adjusts along a aluminum rail, but most of the rest is made of hard plastic. All in all, I'm very happy with it, but won't know for sure how it will hold up until I can get some rounds down range. The only weak point that I see is the adjustable cheekweld which seems a bit cheap compared to the rest of it. My guess is that it will hold just fine, but for the money they ask for it new, it seems they would put a bit more effort in an obvious weak (weaker) link. I'll hold final judgment once I get a range report.
    _SAM1501.JPG

I'll update the thread once I acquire a JP Quiet Recoil System and Giesselle SSA-E trigger (and a Castle Nut)

Top Bottom