• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    What are you doing to prepare for the onset of a cold, digestive trouble (insert yours here), rashes, etc?

Does anyone store essential oils? I have started a cache here. Melaleuca, Peppermint, citrus oils, clove and a whole list.

Interested in learing about them, PM me. I would love to talk more about Medicine stores.

You know your pharmacy will be one of the first stops by the Gov'mt when SHTF.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    A lot of vet meds are litterally the same thing as the human equivalents. For example amoxicillian can be bought without a prescription over the internet. Except its called fishmox.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    When I get sick and see the doctor - I use my medicine sparingly and save the rest. Call me crazy but I'm still alive!
    IF YOU ARE ONLY PARTIALLY COMPLETING YOUR ANTIBIOTICS, YOU ARE SCREWING YOURSELF AND THE HUMAN RACE. ANTIBIOTIC RFESISTANT BACTERIA ARE GOING TO RETURN US TO THE DAYS BEFORE WE HAD ANTIBIOTICS IF WE ARE NOT CAREFUL. FINISH ALL ANTIBIOTICS THAT YOU ARE PRESCRIBED EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU ARE ALL BETTER.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    IF YOU ARE ONLY PARTIALLY COMPLETING YOUR ANTIBIOTICS, YOU ARE SCREWING YOURSELF AND THE HUMAN RACE. ANTIBIOTIC RFESISTANT BACTERIA ARE GOING TO RETURN US TO THE DAYS BEFORE WE HAD ANTIBIOTICS IF WE ARE NOT CAREFUL. FINISH ALL ANTIBIOTICS THAT YOU ARE PRESCRIBED EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU ARE ALL BETTER.

Antibiotic resistant bacteria arise whether people finish their medication or not. It's the naturally cycle of things...

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Please consider elderberry. It seems to really help with cold/flu if taken as soon as symtoms show. Elderberries are availalable for free, just do a little searching for them when they are in bloom, they are easy to spot along roadsides and fence rows.
    I make a tincure using elderberry, vodka and honey. A quick study of this herb will show the many benefits.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Natural medicine

Keeping in mind your personal health concerns, and those of your Team/Family... in a SHTF sceario where we may be without supplies, bottled oils could become lifesavers. Citrus oils, Oregano, Thyme and Tea Tree oils are great for health care and wound care. As well as lavendar oil. You can get lavendar oil locally as well.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Don't forget Willow Tree bark :)

And even daffodils for some of the older, more "forgetful" family members.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Just make sure that the bleeding has stopped completely before you add the sugar. It binds with Calcium which the body needs to clot itself off. My understanding is it's always good to wait at least 24 hours or until all the bleeding is completely clotted but you are right, there have been numerous studies and this is a very effective and low cost way to prevent infection.

Usually it's made into a batch of SUGARDYNE, which is just 3 Parts Powdered Sugar (easier to mix) and 1 part Cooking Oil (I would assume you could experiment with some essential oils as well) to bind it better. This is a popular Veterinary use as well for animals.

Be careful just dumping just plain sugar into a would can actually be absorbed and diluted down by plasma which then could potentially feed bacteria instead of the kill it. I'm not saying it won't work but from my understanding, it's a risk. Other people also drip a few drops of Providone Iodine in the mix as well to just supplement the anti-bacterial/viral a little more.

Top Bottom