• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Has anyone else noticed the amount of bad press guns have been receiving of late? It is as if a real push is on for some pending agenda of sorts.
    Maybe it's just me...

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    The media is going to say that the .223 caliber weapon used was an assault weapon.

Is it just me or is this the first time the news media has used ".223" to describe a potential murder weapon? In the past I have definitely heard assault rifle, high-powered assault rifle, ak47 style rifle, military style rifle, etc. The Fox News anchor had to ask one of her special guests what a ".223" rifle was because she hadn't heard the term before.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Report I just heard, Bushmaster Evil Black Rifle was found in the killer's car and not in the school. Two pistols were found in the school.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm beginning to think it is a feedback loop of sorts. Terrible events get incredible news coverage, so the next nut-job tries to one-up the previous and get their 15 minutes (hours, days) of coverage.

The news just feeds it, and we eat it up.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    heh, it's probably the difference between a shooting having a mini-14 shooting .223 and an AR-15 shooting .223. There's a huge difference there, one is a hunting rifle, the other is a military implement of destruction and death

BEANC0UNTER

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    I'm beginning to think it is a feedback loop of sorts. Terrible events get incredible news coverage, so the next nut-job tries to one-up the previous and get their 15 minutes (hours, days) of coverage.

The news just feeds it, and we eat it up.

I just said tonight that I think the news media feeds the crazy minds to do crazy things.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Well then, I am safe because mine is a 5.56, and not a .223.

Oops! Rats, now THEY know...:runaway:

Naw...they knew the last time you bought a toaster. Just listen to that guy on the talk radio in the middle of the night. All appliances are listening devices for the government now don't ya know. :tinfoil:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Piers Morgan is Dabating on his CNN show right now about how Handguns needs to be turned in. How the .223 Bushmaster shouldn't be legal since it is a semi-automatic ( when the Bushmaster wasn't even used in the tragic event that occured today). Piers Morgan is a damn idiot.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Not one of these talking heads are anywhere near the correct action, to allow teachers and school administrators the ability to protect themselves and the children with proper training and practice in the art of keeping and if needed bearing arms for defensive purposes.

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    Firearms always get bad press nowadays when there is a high profile shooting incident.
    The media is always looking to hype the anti-gun agenda.

Top Bottom