• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I'm not a big knife guy but I always look at this when I stop by Brad's and Knife Lady tables.

Cg1DaHb.png

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I swear I am going to put that Micro on a fishing line and dangle it in front of you at the next 1500 Fenway.
    16 seconds is where the fishing line part starts
    [video=youtube;A3IV22FJIbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3IV22FJIbc[/video]

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I had one for about two weeks, then traded it here on INGO for a pistol. It's one of those things you really think is beautiful, and you have to have it......until you have it. lol! If you want to put it in the safe and look at it occasionally, maybe it's worth it as a collectible. As an EDC, you worry about wear (since it's so expensive and don't wanna damage it's resale value by marking it up with use). Opening it pretty much requires two hands, limiting it's usefulness. The pocket clip on mine was pretty much an iron bar and was difficult to place and remove in my pocket. So it rapidly found a new home.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I had one for about two weeks, then traded it here on INGO for a pistol. It's one of those things you really think is beautiful, and you have to have it......until you have it. lol! If you want to put it in the safe and look at it occasionally, maybe it's worth it as a collectible. As an EDC, you worry about wear (since it's so expensive and don't wanna damage it's resale value by marking it up with use). Opening it pretty much requires two hands, limiting it's usefulness. The pocket clip on mine was pretty much an iron bar and was difficult to place and remove in my pocket. So it rapidly found a new home.

I have a Praetorian T and couldn't disagree more. I carry it nearly every day. I'm not worried about wear at all. I can easily open it with one hand and a friend can flip it well.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

EHH I would never personally feel bad about using any of my Medfords, they are production knives and will never go up in value. If you are worried about wear don't be after two years of beating on my Fat Daddy I finally sent it in for a spa treatment and MKT had a 24 hour turn around time plus when I received my knife back it was basically brand new again. Also Greg even says his knives are designed for two handed opening, you have to think that big ass thick blade being opened under allot of force say from flicking it open would put allot of stress on the parts of the knife, even CRK says not to flick their knives open.

Also you likely never got bast the "Break in" period of the knife because once properly broken in I have yet to see a medford that cannot be opened with one hand. Bottom line IMHO unless its a total one off irreplaceable custom use your knives.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    EHH I would never personally feel bad about using any of my Medfords, they are production knives and will never go up in value. If you are worried about wear don't be after two years of beating on my Fat Daddy I finally sent it in for a spa treatment and MKT had a 24 hour turn around time plus when I received my knife back it was basically brand new again. Also Greg even says his knives are designed for two handed opening, you have to think that big ass thick blade being opened under allot of force say from flicking it open would put allot of stress on the parts of the knife, even CRK says not to flick their knives open.

Also you likely never got bast the "Break in" period of the knife because once properly broken in I have yet to see a medford that cannot be opened with one hand. Bottom line IMHO unless its a total one off irreplaceable custom use your knives.

My AdVs are "used."

Top Bottom