Mayors Against Illegal Guns at Purdue University! Please Help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    I cant make it, I've got a cub scout meeting tonight... but I RSVPd anyway as "Jack Handy" ;-) I figured hey, may as well let them waste some money on pizza for a phantom.

If i COULD go, i would do an OWB holster with pro-freedom (aka, 2nd amendment) literature inside it. Whether it be the PDF posted earlier, or a pocket Bill of Rights/Constitution.

If I can get done in time, i'll try to stop by, i want to see the show. but if I can't, i fully expect someone to record the entire event and post it up on this thread.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Anyone who goes should have the gunfacts pdf from gunfacts.info to reference on an electronic device that can read pdf and preferably skip to specified pages so you can quickly use the index (by anti-gun argument). It is a great format because it will have every one of their arguments listed with factual rebuttals to it including citations. Make sure to cite the citations in it and not the document itself.
    Oh man, that's a nice reference. Thanks for sharing!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Garander - we heard about it and posted about it on IMAGC earlier today - and hit up a couple (Purdue and Main Indiana) SCC pages on facebook.
    We have 1 staff person in the area; but she cannot make it tonight ...

If any of you other ingo'ers can be the fly on the wall for a summary it woudl be much apprecaited.

They deflinitly only want 1 side. ... Please see our post if you're on facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/IndianaMomsAgainstGunControl/posts/607596069332292

Breaking EVENT: Purdue University, 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM, 4/23 (TONIGHT), Matthews Hall, Rm 210. “Panel Discussion on School Safety and Gun Violence Prevention”.
    Headline: Panel Discussion to address gun violence. (Staff Reports)
    Article: (in Photo)
    The Panel Discussion and Community Forum on School Safety and Gun Violence Prevention will be held from 6:30 to 8:3o p.m. tonight in Matthews Hall, Room 210.
    The Event, sponsored in part by Everytown for Gun Safety,(*) is meant to address the prevalence of gun violence in today’s society. Pizza and Refreshements will be provided.
    Rosalee Clawson, the department head of political science, will moderate the event. Purdue Police Chief John Cox will speak at the event, along with Colin Goddard, the senior policy advocate at Mayors Against Illegal Guns (*) and survivor of the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting.
    OUR TAKE:
    We have only just learned of this event; and are sending out the alert. Note the Added (*) – points to Mayor Bloomberg’s “$50 million” investment in “Grassroot” movement funding this and providing the food. I am not familiar enough with Purdue’s Police chief to know his stance on Students for Concealed Carry; and I do not vividly recall his position after the sadly disturbing murder on campus in January. Therefore, this appears to be a very 1 sided discussion / media propaganda event.
    Please attend and encourage Pro-2A student and community members to show up and get some free pizza from Mayor Bloomberg. (Rule 1 at college: students are always willing to accept free food.) We do not wish this to be a one sided debate; but it clearly seems rigged to have this be the case. Please report back with what happens if you can attend (write us a report! THANKS)
    If you are able go I thought I’d add a few quick points to keep in mind:
    1) The Murder in January at Purdue was not solely committed using a gun (in a gun free zone by policy), but also started as a knife attack. Andrew Boldt was stabbed first in an attack that was very personal in nature. Had he (or anyone else present) been free to exercise the right of self-defense (without the University’s restrictions) and of the mind-set to be prepared (by therefore carrying a firearm legally); there is the possibility that the fatal attack might have been stopped.
    2) Similar to the rulings of the U.S. Supreme Court in regards to police departments protecting individual citizens; the Virginia State Supreme Court, has also ruled that VTU had and has no legal obligation to protect its students or staff or visitors for harm from 3rd parties. While not directly applicable across to other states, the similarity with the earlier SCOTUS rulings would clearly indicated that this would apply.
    Please Like and Share!!! Lets pack this Room at Matthews Hall
    Special thanks to Chris Willis for the Photo and Notice!
    Thanks
    --- BB3

BlackGunGuru

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    The Sticks
    Quote from one panel member regarding how she felt during thre January shooting (international student) , "I didnt know what to do, we dont have these types of problems in Russia"

Top Bottom