Martinsville BiWeekly GunShow Ammo Sales?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SerereWarrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    I was talking to a dealer at the Stout Field show this weekend and he told me about a market held every two weeks in or around Martinsville. Since I've got CRS disease and I didn't take notes I'm at a complete loss.

Anyone know of this sale? From the man's description the ammo prices are cheap and the dealers haggle hard.

Thanks everyone. Great board.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    He was probably talking about Traderdan and the small gathering he puts on.. He calls it Pocket traders.. There was one on the 11th but I'm not sure when the next one will be. He always posts on INGO when he's having one but I would imagine there will be another in the next couple of weeks.. It's 8-12, on Saturdays and a very informal event.. No dealers that I know of just FTF deals.. I've set up the last couple of shows to sell stuff and work on Glocks and enjoyed the show and the crowd. IF you send traderdan a message on INGO I'm sure he will give you the lowdown on it.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member.. GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

SerereWarrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Thanks for the help, Everyone. That's the place I heard about. I remember Pocket Traders in some context. He also said the place with the buggy in the tree. He meant the VW Bug in a tree at the VeeDub guys place beside the Hillview Motel. I was thinking Amish buggy and didn't track. I can't help there were firearms in the room and my attention tends to wander.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    He was probably talking about Traderdan and the small gathering he puts on.. He calls it Pocket traders.. There was one on the 11th but I'm not sure when the next one will be. He always posts on INGO when he's having one but I would imagine there will be another in the next couple of weeks.. It's 8-12, on Saturdays and a very informal event.. No dealers that I know of just FTF deals.. I've set up the last couple of shows to sell stuff and work on Glocks and enjoyed the show and the crowd. IF you send traderdan a message on INGO I'm sure he will give you the lowdown on it.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member.. GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Does he charge to set up a table there? I've got a couple I'm needing to sell.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    It's $10 to set up a table. There are always guys walking around with guns to sell, or you can share a table with someone else.

ETA: There's also free coffee and biscuits & gravy!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Hmmmm

Can you just walk in and swap stuff? For example: If a guy showed up with some .308 components he doesn't need, might he be able to swap them for something?

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    wonder if we could get a post of what might be there when it gets closer, I don't mean officail I mean like

Hey I'm going and I'm going to have a xxxxx for sale, or some xxxx to trade,

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    Can you just walk in and swap stuff? For example: If a guy showed up with some .308 components he doesn't need, might he be able to swap them for something?

Yup. Just, no felons please! You'd still need to pay your $1 at the door, but then sell & swap until your heart is content. As long as you can carry our wares, there is no requirement to buy a table. There is usually a guy there that specializes in reloading supplies as well.

Edit to add:
    wonder if we could get a post of what might be there when it gets closer, I don't mean officail I mean like

Hey I'm going and I'm going to have a xxxxx for sale, or some xxxx to trade,

It's not an INGO exclusive event. For that matter, there is probably relatively few INGOers there, especially among those who set up tables. The best way to find out what's there, is to go and check it out. There's usually a pretty good selection of just about everything. The room is on the smaller side, and probably maxes out at ~25 tables.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I'll be there 8-10 or so with a couple of Glocks and working on Glocks. If you have a specific need PM me and I'll try to have it there for you.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    Makes me wish I was still working up there. Maybe I'll get lucky and get sent back up for repairs again on a weekend it's going on. There aren't near enough gun shows down here close to Evansville.

Top Bottom