• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I'm thinking about shooting an appleseed this year, but don't feel like buying a new rifle when I've got one already. My marlin is 22years old if I'm not mistaken. I believe it's this gun.

What sling mounts should I get? I found a 'Garand Style' sling at cheaper than dirt, but have no idea about how to go about mounts and getting it all set up. Also, I haven't put any rounds through it personally, in about 18 years. I know my nephews hunted with it when it was stored at my dads, but I can say for certain it hasn't had the dust blown out of it in 6yrs or better. Can anyone help me put a hundred rounds or so through this thing when I get it geared up so I can remember how to shoot it?:n00b: (easy question I'm sure). It definitely needs some attention.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    You will do fine with the 60, get you some swivel mounts for a 1.25" sling, the sling you mentioned and come on out. Would be a good idea to run a few hundred rounds through it to find what brand of ammo it prefers and make sure everything is working good. Be on the lookout for a mini Appleseed shoot may be one in your area. They will help get you on the right track before the big weekend.

Hope to see you soon.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Indytechnerd,

I really like the Uncle Mike's 1.25" slings with the quick detach feature. They're about $10 most places and go on in about 5 minutes. If you're shooting an Appleseed those quick disconnects make it real easy to keep slung up while you ground the rifle.

If you want and we can find a warm(ish) weekend I'll host you at my range (Freedom) and we can put the rifle (and more importantly) you through your paces.

Hawkhavn

Top Bottom