• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Any chance of adding "Mark Forums Read" to the top of the "New Posts" and other pages. The current location at the bottom of the main page is kind of hidden. I like to mark everything read when leaving.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Sure I can look into that for ya Pitmaster. Where exactly would you like it on the top of the page? Thanks for the suggestion.

Any chance of adding "Mark Forums Read" to the top of the "New Posts" and other pages. The current location at the bottom of the main page is kind of hidden. I like to mark everything read when leaving.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I'm partial to the upper right hand side but that is just me. Some forums I visit have it under the Quick Links button as a drop down. Glocktalk, Defensive Carry, The Firing Line, etc.

Thanks for the attention. I do like this site.

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    Not to hijack an old thread but this is related.... I guess....

Is there a way to mark individual messages read without opening them?

With the high level of activity and my short attention span, I usually view the unread posts. With a couple of days between reads this could easily go over 500.

I would like to just click certain messages read that have topics I know to be old or not interested in.

Or possibly a way to ignore threads for future posts might work.

Just asking.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Not to hijack an old thread but this is related.... I guess....

Is there a way to mark individual messages read without opening them?

With the high level of activity and my short attention span, I usually view the unread posts. With a couple of days between reads this could easily go over 500.

I would like to just click certain messages read that have topics I know to be old or not interested in.

Or possibly a way to ignore threads for future posts might work.

Just asking.

That's what the "Mark Forums Read" link near the top of the page does... It marks all forums read. If I get overwhelmed by the number of posts, I usually just go to the forums I'm most interested in, read the couple of threads I've been following or check in on new threads, and then mark everything read. I've asked for a button to only mark individual forums or threads as read, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do it.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    What about the brown bar that has the "Mark forums read" button?

mfr.jpg

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    Not looking for the ability to Mark forums read. I always use the unread posts button and then scan through the posts. I would like to be able to mark a thread read without having to open it. Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time. Just curious if I was missing something.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Not looking for the ability to Mark forums read. I always use the unread posts button and then scan through the posts. I would like to be able to mark a thread read without having to open it. Sorry if I wasn't clear the first time. Just curious if I was missing something.
    That's the only way you can mark a thread read without having to open it. If you click "Mark Forums Read" .. it marks ALL threads as read.. without opening any of them. Marking individual threads read without opening them, marking individual subforums read without opening any of the threads in them, is not possible at this time.

Top Bottom