• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    The Berlin Wall fell too.

Seriously though, I don't detect any negative slant against firearms.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    It's interesting that the police story has changed. Now they're saying he came around a corner and raised the AR, pointing it at them. In the story when this originally happened, they said he was crouching, smiling and said "Come in, I've got something for you".

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    The story will change alot and from time to time, they might even say that he shot at them and that there were drugs in the house. Just remember the original story and how it changes.

This new supreme court ruling and affirmation of our constitutional and state constitutional rights that the Indiana Supreme Court "appointed" judges gives me the scare that this outcome will become more common as time goes on.

I have noticed a jealousy of the "non-veteran" police force in reference to any Veteran. I get harassed by spitfire young 21 year olds that haven't served anything or anyone but their own self interest.

The Police department in question for the article on this O.P. should be more than ashamed of themselves. They murdered a Veteran. Till Veterans stand up and remind the weak and feeble that we protected, that we are still there and they were still feeble, even on a Police force, this will happen.

It saddens me even more, that this guy did some tours in a hostile war zone, then got shot stateside after he decided to get out of my Beloved Marine Corps.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Remind me again how his rifle being on safe is not an issue when they claim their justification for shooting was that he shot first?

And don't get me started an that miserable excuse of a probable cause affidavit.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    From the article:
    "What reasonable person comes to the front door and points a rifle at people?" he said. "It takes several milliseconds to flip the switch from safety to fire and take out a couple of SWAT officers. I'm firmly of the opinion that he was attempting to shoot at us."The officers laid down "suppressive" fire because one had tripped and fallen and the others thought he'd been shot."

So he responds to an armed entry with an equivalent response and he is the one who is not reasonable?

And an officer falls down and that justified shooting him?

I would not want to have a LEO's job for sure, but when an armed person enters a door to a home (LEO or not), you can expect an equivalent response.

As others have said, this type of action coupled with the recent court rulings here in IN, make this even more concerning.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Either I'm having deja-vu, or didn't this actually happen a month or two or three ago? Unless it's the second SWAT shooting of a USMC veteran who happened to work at a mine.

Is there some new twist that didn't surface in the two weeks after the event?

Not that that has any bearing on the OP's point...

Edit: got it, nothing has happened re the shooting.

I didn't see anything particularly odd about the reporting. I think most people reading this would take away that there's probably a LE cover-up going on re exactly what happened when SWAT entered his house.

Last edited:

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    I didn't see anything particularly odd about the reporting. I think most people reading this would take away that there's probably a LE cover-up going on re exactly what happened when SWAT entered his house.

What irks me is that if he charged after them with a frying pan, paintball gun, or even a flamethrower you wouldn't see any detail about the type of weapon used....but since it is a gun they have to claim 'assault rifle', .40 cal, ar-15. IDK just aggravating.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Either I'm having deja-vu, or didn't this actually happen a month or two or three ago? Unless it's the second SWAT shooting of a USMC veteran who happened to work at a mine.

Is there some new twist that didn't surface in the two weeks after the event?

Not that that has any bearing on the OP's point...

Edit: got it, nothing has happened re the shooting.

same one

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Remind me again how his rifle being on safe is not an issue when they claim their justification for shooting was that he shot first?

And don't get me started an that miserable excuse of a probable cause affidavit.
    yeah i agree something here smells fishy and its not the sushi bar

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thank God we don't live in one of those third world countries where they send out police hit squads to shoot people down without any kind of due process or.....oh, wait a minute!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, next to the video camera, which could just up and dissapear too, there is no real way to tell what for sure went down in that home. The cops have their story and the other guy? Well, at least the cops have their story.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well, next to the video camera, which could just up and dissapear too, there is no real way to tell what for sure went down in that home. The cops have their story and the other guy? Well, at least the cops have their story.

The video of what occured is on You Tube you know.
    Hard to make that disappear now.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Here is the video.

[ame]http://youtu.be/XP0f00_JMak[/ame]

Seems to me that the officer fell down after the shooting.

I also like the professionalism of the officer who runs up and fires blindly over the shoulder of the officer in front of him. He just had to put in his :twocents: or 11 9's or 9 40,s

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Hmmmm. I have two AR15 "assault rifles" in my home. I also have Plate carriers and body armour in my home. I have some friends who smoke pot sometimes, although I do not. Does this mean it is OK for the police to assume I am a criminal and raid my home?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    The truth will eventually come out. Was the shooting justified or did the LEO's murder an innocent man? Was the homeowner involved with drug trafficking or was he a squeaky clean husband/father? Someone's obviously lying. Is it the police? Couldn't be, police never lie to protect their own. Is it the wife? Couldn't be, family members never lie to protect their own. Could he be a good soldier turned bad civilian? Couldn't be, that never happens.

I was not there to witness the incident. I do not know this person or his family and friends or what they did behind closed doors and I can only go by what is shown publicly. From what I've seen so far only those present in that room at the time know for sure what really happened and since I'm not psychic, I cannot pass judgement and I only hope that the "system" does indeed prevail and the guilty get what is coming to them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom