March 2011 Indy 1500 (18th, 19th, and 20th)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reaper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Fishers, IN
    Well last show i left with a M&P Pro 9mm. If i had patience I could have bought it else where for $20 cheaper, but would have waited 1-2 weeks. THis time, I just didn't feel desperate. I found some M&P Mag's, but that morning i found them online for $6 cheaper.

I'll do my shopping from home in the future. The guy at one booth tried to convince me that with shipping it works out the same, but I counter with parking and admission...take that fool!

As far as gun purchases go, you can't beat Plainfield Shooting Supply or Bradis. I usually only go for reloading components or other odds and ends. Last time I ended up with some Winchester Small Pistol Primers and SOG from Brad's knives. Fighting the crowds and it being 175 deg. F, I usually just stay away.

Sorry about the delayed answer on your text. Work was a little crazy yesterday afternoon.:D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well last show i left with a M&P Pro 9mm. If i had patience I could have bought it else where for $20 cheaper, but would have waited 1-2 weeks. THis time, I just didn't feel desperate. I found some M&P Mag's, but that morning i found them online for $6 cheaper.

I'll do my shopping from home in the future. The guy at one booth tried to convince me that with shipping it works out the same, but I counter with parking and admission...take that fool!

Reaper, since you had already paid the parking and admission, isn't it a wash either way? I mean, you can go home, order the mags and pay shipping, but that $13 for the show is still gone, right? :dunno:

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Picked up some target stands and steel from Bobcat!! Also great to deal with.

Left with a case of 9mm to put in the safe. Couldn't find a GSG1911 which would have been nice.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I picked up a new modular sleep system, AR sight tools, side saddle for my mossberg, and a few other goodies. Not a bad show except the crowds are ridiculous still and the aisles need to be bigger.

Oh and I got to talk to Corey at SSNFA about a future toy that I just have to have:rockwoot: $200 for a stamp down the drain:spend:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I picked up a new modular sleep system, AR sight tools, side saddle for my mossberg, and a few other goodies. Not a bad show except the crowds are ridiculous still and the aisles need to be bigger.

Oh and I got to talk to Corey at SSNFA about a future toy that I just have to have:rockwoot: $200 for a stamp down the drain:spend:

who was that good looking guy with you? :D

TN_Mike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    The backside of nowhere
    Let's see, $3 to park plus admittance for me and the wife ($10 X 2) an all 5 kids ($10 X 5) = $73 just to get in. And now I have read all the rather unflattering reviews of the show.

No thanks. I think we'll pass. I can think of a ton of ways that would be much more fun to spend $73 on a Sunday.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Let's see, $3 to park plus admittance for me and the wife ($10 X 2) an all 5 kids ($10 X 5) = $73 just to get in. And now I have read all the rather unflattering reviews of the show.

No thanks. I think we'll pass. I can think of a ton of ways that would be much more fun to spend $73 on a Sunday.

I do not see the show being a family activity, due to the cost.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

Who wants to take their kids to the 1500? I could see a son maybe but thats about it. I like to browse and usually leave with something I shouldn't and don't need a witness to tell you know who later:D

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well since I survived getting in the show, some guy who might have been a Hamilton Co. LEO nearly shot me while unloading his Glock. Pointed it straight at me while losing his grip on the slide tow or three times. I stepped behind his buddy for cover. Then bought an unissued Mosin 91/30 Hex reciver with accessories for $120.00 from Indy Trading Post. Met one of the Zombie Killers there too!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I'll be there all weekend next to a guy who looks like the big show.:): as usual I will have a few new things in addition to my normal paracord stock, and loose paracord in 100ft. packs as well. if you come by at the right time me and robb might be doing things that would be illegal in thailand.:ingo:

I came by and got some paracord goodies, was told you were out hunting for 10/22 stuff...

I suspect you were over fraternizing with Robb...

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    There was quite a bit of nice scenery, I'll admit that, and something about a fine looking woman with an AR-15.... :rockwoot:

Easy now those are my Daughters. :D They're helping out at the shows now and I have to evil eye folks all day lone lol :abused:

Especially that Cwood and VupdBlue those guys are pure trouble Im telling you!!

Top Bottom