• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • preachere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Anybody know where I can get a full-auto sear legally for my PPS50? I know they were/are made but can't seem to find one. What do they go for? I'm hoping to slide in the door of Class III on the cheap if I can.

Regards,
    Eric

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Something about 1986 comes to mind.....

You might wanna edit that post it could be considered as intent.....

You can legally purchase the sear if you do not own the firearm it goes in...

A class 3 device is considered to be a machine gun by the B.A.T.F. civilian users are only permitted devices manufactured (and registered) before 1986. Non-compliance with any of these requirements makes the mere possession of these items a felony, and a Federal crime, punishable by up to ten years in prison and a $10,000 fine. These devices require no permanent modification of the firearm, as would be required forInterestingly, these penalties are far more severe than those given to rapists, bank robbers, muggers, and even murderers.

preachere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I understand the ramifications of altering my firearm illegally, that's why I asked what was necessary to legally convert it to full auto. If a full auto sear was manufactured prior to 1986 it would be legal to install it in my PPS50, correct? I have absolutely NO intention of illegally converting my PPS50 and spending time in Club Fed.

Regards,
    Eric

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I've seen a few pre-86 registered receiver Bingham PPS50 .22's but none with registered sears. The only way you could legally make a PPS50 full-auto now days is to get a Type 7 FFL and SOT and then build or convert one yourself, as long as you hold the FFL w/SOT, you can keep the gun.

Last edited:

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Holder's of Manufacturing Type FFL's (Type 7 & 10) with a Special Occupational Tax (SOT) can make machine guns and retain them as long as they hold the license. Besides obtaining the license, no prior approval is required by BATFE. Those machine guns can be sold/transfered only to Govt Entities or NFA dealers that obtain a demo letter.

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    I've never seen a pre-86 "sear" for a PPS. I've seen some "sears" like the RDIAS or lightning link that were serialized, stamped, with paperwork for an AR15, but I haven't seen just a sear for a PPS. You may be able to pick up a receiver but my bet is that everyone that has registerable receivers and they paid all the money for it, then it is a whole firearm. Very seldom do you find NFA auto-sears or tubes unless its with the whole gun..

I haven't really looked for any NFA items recently, however.. a bit out of my price range.

I didn't think you had intent on doing it illegally, but unless someone made a "sear" (I don't know the inner workings of a PPS50) that is stamped and comes on a Form 4, I really doubt you can do it legally without buying a whole gun. You can find sten's pretty reasonable...

Good luck in the search.

preachere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Thank you for all the replies.

Ken- My friend has a PPS50, like me, and is an 01 dealer. He did mention wanting to get his 07FFL and make his full auto. He hasn't replied to my PM yet asking what was necessary to convert legally so I decided to ask around what would be necessary to do so.

Now, say I DO get an 07FFL and SOT, what are the expenses of doing so? If the cost of one (getting an 07FFL and SOT) are much greater than getting another (buying a legal and transferrable PPS50) it would help make the decision for me.

Regards,
    Eric

preachere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Cheap enough for you preachere????? lol Your wife was cool but I don't think she is that cool!!!:D

Thanks, but I'm still working on her- she'll come around soon enough. ;) I know that I don't have anywhere near $8k to drop on a Class III firearm.........yet. :ar15:

Regards,
    Eric

Top Bottom