• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    While I have absolutely no issue with those minor modifications, I am surprised they made that big of a difference for you. That is great. I like the GFA's but they don't really seem to do a whole lot for my accuracy. The one's on my gen3's are just fine, but the one on my gen4 kept coming loose so I took it off.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I put a Ghost Rocket in my Glock 26 and it was amazing. I tried the old two to the chest and one to the head thing at the range the other day. I did it as quick as I could at 10 yards and to my shock and surprise, I actually did it!! +1 for modded Glocks

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    Plain clothes in my regular assignment I can carry almost anything I want, and I carry a Sig P220 or a Ruger GP100. The GP100 is factory (a Wiley Clapp edition) and the Sig is factory except for the sights, which are Trijicon HD's.

I take it that you've found a good holster for your "Clapper" ?
    Would you mind enlightening me as to what it is. ?
    My 30 year old 5BH, made for a 4", isn't getting it done

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Great write up BBI. I'm running pretty much the same package on my G23. Charlie worked his magic on mine and I carry with the GripForce adapter too. It points more like a 1911 that way.

... I put XS big dots on a CZ and it ruined it for me, the factory sights were much better.

I was considering doing that on my CZ 75 Compact. I have them on my G19 and G27 and found I can see the front sight much better. On my CZ, I'm having a lot of trouble picking up the front sights when wearing bifocals. Right now, I'm playing around by adding a white halo around the CZ front night sight and it's helping.

Last edited:

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Great write up BBI. I'm glad it is working out good for you. I can tell by the picture of the target that it is working.

I would also suggest getting a SIRT training pistol to train with. My nephew has one and his shooting skills are amazing. The trigger is adjustable on the SIRT to match your duty gun and the weight is the same. You can also purchase an extra mag to practice with.

Not to thread jack, but how does the SIRT compare to an actual Glock? I plan on purchasing a Glock 17R soon to practice with, but if the SIRT is comparable I could go that direction.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Great write up BBI. I'm glad it is working out good for you. I can tell by the picture of the target that it is working.

I would also suggest getting a SIRT training pistol to train with. My nephew has one and his shooting skills are amazing. The trigger is adjustable on the SIRT to match your duty gun and the weight is the same. You can also purchase an extra mag to practice with.

I don't have a SIRT pistol, but I do have LaserLyte training cartridges for all of my carry guns. It's amazing how much more comfortable you can become with regular dry fire practice when you have a laser dot to tell you where you hit. They say the batteries are supposed to last 3000 shots, but I have to have way more than that on my .45 cartridge. I probably dry fire one of my 1911s at least 300 to 400 times a day while on conference calls. The nice thing about the LaserLyte cartridge is that it lets you practice with your carry gun and can move from gun to gun if you have multiples.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Which Apex parts did you remove and what didn't you like about them?

I removed the AEK trigger. I tried as best as I could to tune it, but still got a dead trigger now and then. I even spent time on the phone with APEX and we worked on it. I would get it to shoot for awhile and then it would go dead again.

I finally took it off and put the stock trigger back on and figured I would learn how to shoot it in factory form.

I do still have the USB in it and I have polished everything else.

I thought about buying the FSS but when I tried a friend of mine's I really didn't notice enough of a difference to justify buying it. And I had the sear, but it looks identical to the sear that came on mine from the factory.

Probably more information than you wanted...sry. lol.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    LOL! BBI with hair....

I have hair. They didn't say it had to start on your head.

Do you still carry the 1911 at all? Off duty? Or is it the Glock all the time now?

I don't. The department doesn't allow SAO and I don't like to go back and forth between thumb safety/no thumb safety platforms. I carry a Sig P220 most of the time on duty, although I do occasionally carry my GP100 (like yesterday, since I hadn't cleaned my P220 before time for work). Off duty it depends on how I'm dressed, but I'd say 80% P220 and 20% GP100. The GP100 is a 3" and really comfortable IWB.

Its still a Glock

Go sit in the corner and eat a cannoli. No one was talking to you.

On my CZ, I'm having a lot of trouble picking up the front sights when wearing bifocals. Right now, I'm playing around by adding a white halo around the CZ front night sight and it's helping.

Well, you could tape a golf ball to the front of the slide and you'd have no trouble seeing it, but your accuracy might suffer. That was my experience with the Big Dots. Fast to acquire, yes, but useless at any distance where sights were required. I'm MUCH happier with the Trijicon HDs, still very fast and easy to pick up the front sight but also still accurate at any reasonable handgun range. Heinie Straight 8s would be my second choice.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Well, you could tape a golf ball to the front of the slide and you'd have no trouble seeing it, but your accuracy might suffer. That was my experience with the Big Dots. Fast to acquire, yes, but useless at any distance where sights were required. I'm MUCH happier with the Trijicon HDs, still very fast and easy to pick up the front sight but also still accurate at any reasonable handgun range. Heinie Straight 8s would be my second choice.

A golf ball would not impact my accuracy that much, but it sure would be tough finding a holster for it. I like the idea of the HDs and did not know they were available for the CZs. I'll check them out.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Thanks again for the kudos on the trigger work BehindBlueI's and I'm happy to hear you are considering coming to the dark side, at least part time.
    My pitch in the NRA basic pistol classes I teach is that "trigger control" is the most important aspect of accurate shooting. If you do everything else wrong but align the sights and press the trigger you WILL hit your target. Of course there are a number of things necessary to shoot well but the trigger press is the aspect that new shooters, and experienced ones seem to have the most difficulty mastering. Hence, a trigger that is easier to control will always result in improved accuracy. You CAN learn to shoot well with any trigger given enough time at the range and ammo but I don't know anyone with unlimited resources in those areas.
    1911s have been popular for over 100 years and are venerated for a number of reasons but when you get down to it the trigger on a 1911 is the heart of why people are enamored with platform. I believe that the closer you can get any pistol to a "1911 like" trigger the more likely you are to hit what you aim at. That's what I'm trying to achieve with a Glock trigger and the reason I stress the trigger control in my classes.
    I've also found the grip force adapter to be a help in getting a Glock to point naturally for me. The CT laser grips also change the grip angle enough that they improve my natural point of aim on a Glock.
    Recently I've branched out into M&Ps and have tried both of their trigger setups and found the same thing. Much improved accuracy with the trigger installed. It is a little bit saltier to do a trigger in the M&P but the question is always, do I want to hit what I'm aiming at or just close to what I"m aiming at? :)

Be Safe
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]1911 & M&P Mechanic

Last edited:
    Top Bottom