• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Re: Compleats . . .

One of the cool things about them is that you don't need a microwave. You can just put them in hot water for a while and they'll get plenty hot. If you choose, you could dump the contents into a container and heat them, but it would work better to heat them in hot water. They could also be eaten cold in a pinch.

I would not recommend Compleats had I not "sampled" them. For store-bought food, they're quite good. Not like Mom used to make, but definitely superior to anything you'll find in a military MRE or commerical equivalent.

I went to the web site that sells them by the case and I was surprised by the price. We get them a lot cheaper at places like Menard's or even the grocery store, especially when they are on sale at the latter. The selection is more limited, though.

I wonder if wholesale clubs like Sam's or COSTCO have them in bulk quantities?

The reason for tuna or chicken in the mylar pouches instead of cans is to save weight and space if you have to carry it. It's also easier to open.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Re: Compleats . . .

One of the cool things about them is that you don't need a microwave. You can just put them in hot water for a while and they'll get plenty hot. If you choose, you could dump the contents into a container and heat them, but it would work better to heat them in hot water. They could also be eaten cold in a pinch.

I would not recommend Compleats had I not "sampled" them. For store-bought food, they're quite good. Not like Mom used to make, but definitely superior to anything you'll find in a military MRE or commerical equivalent.

I went to the web site that sells them by the case and I was surprised by the price. We get them a lot cheaper at places like Menard's or even the grocery store, especially when they are on sale at the latter. The selection is more limited, though.

I wonder if wholesale clubs like Sam's or COSTCO have them in bulk quantities?

The reason for tuna or chicken in the mylar pouches instead of cans is to save weight and space if you have to carry it. It's also easier to open.

I thought that the prices were high also but did not surprise me. Wal-Mart can order anything that is on their acceptable list so if they have them in the store they can order them for you by the case. It usually takes getting the store manager involved and follow up but it could be worth a group buy. The store manager should be able to offer you a case price discount and some managers are easier to work with than others.

Top Bottom