• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Thursday was a complete bust. They reused photos from first day, declared victory, and claimed their fight will go on. How they could claim victory is baffling, or maybe not considering how looney the grifters running it are.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Properly chastised, I will bow obsequiously and back out of the room..........
    grovelling......... grovelling....... nay, Sire....I am not worthy of the investment of your wrath.........let not your Spirit be diluted with an irritation at my countenance, nor your Essence diminished by troubling at my misdeed.

Mehhhh...

Not one single "Foresooth!!!".

Or even a "Verily!".

6/10

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Finally found an article about the protest . . . nobody but the few organizers showed up Thursday.

https://coloradosun.com/2023/06/09/here-4-the-kids-capitol-turnout/

Some significant quotes from the article.
    "No protesters appeared to have shown up on Thursday. Meanwhile, California’s governor proposed a 28th amendment to the U.S. Constitution dealing with guns."
    . . .
    "Here 4 The Kids organizers said participants would remain on the Capitol grounds for at least four days or until Gov. Jared Polis answered their demands by signing an executive order banning guns and creating a statewide buyback program. Polis did not sign the order and few protesters showed up after Monday. By Thursday afternoon, there was no one demonstrating outside the Capitol."
    . . .
    "Erika Righter, a Denver-based organizer for Here 4 The Kids said she and other organizers remained inside the Capitol for safety but that it was amazing to see text messages and videos from the in-person event flow in."
    . . .
    " . . . 500 to 800 people the Colorado State Patrol estimated attended the sit-in on Monday . . ."
    . . .
    "The state patrol, which manages security on the Capitol grounds, did not immediately respond to a request for a count of attendees who sat-in Tuesday through Thursday, but people passing by the statehouse said only a few people were protesting Tuesday and Wednesday. There were no demonstrators outside the Capitol as of midday Thursday."

"Rao
    [Saira Rao is the organization's Director] said this fall Here 4 The Kids plans to organize another event similar to the Denver sit-in, but in another state. 'We will base it on what we have learned this past week, what worked and what didn’t work, and we will keep going until we get the Second Amendment repealed.' "
    Explains why they reused Monday's photos on Thursday. Nobody showed up. Saira Rao and her cohorts, including Erika Righter, were hiding inside the Capitol all four days, allegedly in fear for their safety, using the protestors outside as human shields. What charismatic leadership that is! Lead from somewhere in hiding.

Oh joy . . .
    They're coattailing on Newsom's 28th Amendment.
    They're going to conduct a second one elsewhere in the Fall.

(:lmfao:)U(:lmfao:)

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Mehhhh...

Not one single "Foresooth!!!".

Or even a "Verily!".

6/10

Those expressions are more "middle English".
    As you may guess, from my username and avatar, I'm Germanic (emphasis on manic) therefore my ancient language expressions tend to range from Barbarian to Hun.

Though I did watch Bugs Bunny, as a kid, where I learned "Knaves, Rogues, Upstarts all!" was official Knight-speak. That, and staying at a Holiday Inn.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I have yet to use "reprobate", "recalcitrant", "miscreant", "blackguard", "rakehell", or "sclerotic gasping geezer". Laying in wait for serendipitous opportunities to present themselves when others least expect it.

Top Bottom