• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    Me and the wife use Cricket which is AT&T, we both have basically the same phone as well mine is just 1 year newer, when I got up at 5am the service wasn't working, went to work about 2-3 miles away, and it started working about 6am. But my wife's didn't work start working until 12pm. Not sure if I was picking up a tower that was working... Didn't really make sense, I had a co-worker that his wasn't working but mine was.

It really reinforced getting my ham license which I am already in the process of getting. Trying to talk the wife into it too.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    ATT is now saying that the outage was due to a software update. Apparently something went wrong during the update.

AT&T blames coding error for hourslong network outage​

So the news said the navigation system on the moon lander went out as it approached so the ground crew wrote a workaround software patch in two hours.

ATT probably employs Wally…

A8086126-41BC-4301-9CBD-A8D9F7E7DDCF.jpeg

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    It didn't affect their first responder network

First Net was down for more than an hour in central Indiana, and in other areas much longer. ATT is busy white-washing the outage, but I can personally verify over 1k First Net phones were SOS-only for 70ish minutes on Thursday morning, with repeated 10-20 minute drops in coverage for the rest of the day.

Furthermore, local ATT refused to even acknowledge the outage until after First Net was back online.

To their credit, First Net came back up first, and therefore shows some additional resiliency over a standard service line. My other provider's first responder service line experienced no issue and continues to be the best cell service plan I have ever had.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    First Net was down for more than an hour in central Indiana, and in other areas much longer. ATT is busy white-washing the outage, but I can personally verify over 1k First Net phones were SOS-only for 70ish minutes on Thursday morning, with repeated 10-20 minute drops in coverage for the rest of the day.

Furthermore, local ATT refused to even acknowledge the outage until after First Net was back online.

To their credit, First Net came back up first, and therefore shows some additional resiliency over a standard service line. My other provider's first responder service line experienced no issue and continues to be the best cell service plan I have ever had.
    thanks for that.

My personal phone, which is AT&T, went down. My First Net phone was still up and running, so I made a wrong assumption.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    ATT is now saying that the outage was due to a software update. Apparently something went wrong during the update.

AT&T blames coding error for hourslong network outage​

I was pretty close.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I didn't notice anything. I don't carry a cell phone, no need to be in constant contact with anyone. I can wait till I get home to make a phone call.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    It was a software update.

It’s not the first time it’s happened either. Back when I worked at the labs, Cisco released some bad firmware, and it automatically propagated throughout our network and bricked many core routers. Once the routers are hosed, most of the time it takes manual intervention at the hardware (console) to restore functionality and that takes time, lots of time.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Top Bottom