• ...and so much more!
  • roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Greetings friends,

I've given this, bring Magpul to Indiana,thought since Colorado introduced there mag cap limits and Magpul publicly stated they were going to move if it passed. I've seen some post about this very subject on here as well.

Here's the biz:
    My father is on the board with the head of Economic Development for the city of Anderson. He helped get such businesses as Nestle and a Toyota plastics manufacturer here to Indiana. I had my father tell the Director about Magpul and the Director got very excited!

I need help to pull any relevent information to send an email to him to help him get Magpul here! If anyone can find info about Magpul, Magpul stock prices, mainstream media reports of guns sales, or any other helpful info, please post it here so I can consolidate it.

Let's do this!
    well anderson is idea for a factory they could use the old delco plant land on scatterfield road since i69 is right down the road, and i70 is 45 minutes south which is just down state road 38 and state road 3. as well as the train tracks that run right by that piece of land. and i know theres factories pretty close like the ones in greenville oh. i think its a BASF plant cant remember but its only about a hour and half drive by semi truck

m4lover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    I'm pretty sure about 10 mins of just looking on threads of how much support they would have would be a little bit of a help. Even the fact that there is a site like this says that IN would support their move and if they brought jobs then that would get even more support. If they had a recycling plant for plastics as well then even the tree huggers may be on board.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    They could move to the other side of my GM company where we used to do plastic injection molding. All the pipes for the plastics silos are still there. We have a ton of office space and are located on US31. There are a couple small injection mold companies here too. I think it would make a good fit for Kokomo to bring Magpul here!

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    A great place would be all of the new real estate in southern Indiana outside in Charlestown, IN. The land was the site of the ammo plant in WWII. It was cleared and is now a massive space for companies such as amazon who opened up a distribution center last year. The location also is just a 20 minute drive to the UPS worldport for shipping, and is dead center of the country. It would be ideal for logistic purposes.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Michael - no bubble to burst. We need to make a point here. With ANY company in the firearms business. If you currently are located in a crap hole, communist, over-regulated area, please come to Indiana and we will welcome you with open arms. Southern Indiana is WIDE OPEN for business. And it's about as gun friendly as you can get. With the UPS air hub in Louisville - it's one of the very best places for shipping in the country. Bar none.

And if this doesn't make democrats think twice before infringing on rights - it should.

Many companies will not take us up on this - I realize that. Eventually some one's gonna take the bait. They will gain all of the free publicity and all of the other benefits.

Indiana standing up and saying "we'll roll out the red carpet" also has the side benefit of saying, in effect, that "not all of the states across the country are liking this gun grabbing garbage".

I don't see where it does any harm whether Magpul goes for it or not. Sooner or later someone's going to.

Mac-1917

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    182663_438032439612326_995195836_n.jpg

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Multiple points to make here.
    Indiana is now a Right To Work state, and that alone is attractive to many businesses.
    There are a few injection molded facilities in Ft. Wayne, which would be a direct shot up I-69 since you're referencing the Anderson area.
    Indianapolis has a HUGE FedEx hub at the recently update Indianapolis International Airport.
    We currently have a very Pro 2A legislation, especially regarding the proposed SB130.

I hope Gov. Pence's office is reaching out to them as well, potentially with some incentives to relocate. Remington and Kimber should be on that list as well, in my opinion.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    You know, Indiana is a nice place and all but it would make a real statement if we could get the State to pass a statement like AZ's saying we won't enforce your new gun laws Federal Government. Right now, AZ looks pretty darn good to them plus the move is a lot shorter from CO to AZ. We may also need to give our government a bit of a push in the same direction to show we mean business as well.

As for the MagPul deal, most corporations publish an annual report that can be downloaded from their corporate site (which isn't going to be the same as the place they talk about the magazines etc.) This will show the number of employees, and give you the numbers you are asking about like net worth and all other sorts of money issues as this is all supposed to be public knowledge for publicly owned corporations. Ask them for this information and they will even mail it to you though I would guess they are as busy as the rest of the firearm world so when calling or emailing, it is going to be hard to get responses. It will at least take a long time to even get a person on the line when calling. An email may simply get ignored completely so I am thinking a call is your best bet due to current conditions.

Before calling get a list off of your dad of the thing and numbers he needs, while you are on the phone write down names and numbers and keep good, legible notes of what is told to you so you can relay this to your dad.

Here is the Wikipedia Info page for you:
    Magpul Industries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You will find much of what you are asking on this page.

Their website is Magpul | Unfair Advantage but you likely knew that already, contact page has all those wonderful numbers you need to find the info you are asking about so give them a call, here is that address:
    Magpul | Contact

Offices are open 9:00-5:00 P.M. MST M-F

you can write them here:
    Magpul Industries Corp
    P.O. Box 17697
    Boulder, CO 80308
    Phone: 303-828-3460 for the Main Office...

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ok, I just went to IN.gov and fired off a letter to Gov. Pence:

Governor Pence,
    I'm writing to urge you and your staff to please make contact with a few businesses that have stated they make be looking for a new permanent residence to base their manufacturing. Based on the current political climate surrounding second amendment issues, I feel the time is perfect to expand Hoosier business.

First and foremost, Magpul Dynamics of Colorado has stated they will leave the state of Colorado if magazine restrictions are put in place. We have much to offer in the way of plastics injection molding, right to work labor laws, improved highway construction, and a FedEx hub at the recently renovated International Airport in Indianapolis. Coupled with the multiple proposed legislative bills this year reaffirming our 2nd Amendment rights, especially at the state level, I believe there's a strong case to be made in our favor.

Likewise, there are a couple of companies located in the state of New York who may be open to such an invitation as well. For example, Remington Arms and Kimber USA may be looking for much lower taxation and operating costs to help expand their business at a time where demand has exceeded supply.

I appreciate you listening to my proposal, and I strongly urge you and your staff to extend an invitation to these companies to visit our fine state and see for themselves just exactly how we may help their businesses continue to succeed and prosper. Don't let someone like Texas make false claims about being the leaders of freedom, when Indiana was recently rated the #3 Most Free State in America! Go get that business and help bolster an already stout economy hear in the Heartland!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    There is another thread, bringing Magpul to In., and they have a link for Gov. Pence. I have already sent an e mail via the link..... Go and do the same.
    Maybe it will be considered.....

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I think we are needing to considere what I said in my first sentences as well... AZ is a lot easier move for them and AZ is making a much stronger stand against the federal guns laws than we are here. Until we look like we will be as adamant in how we will treat new federal laws here, AZ will be a far more enticing place for a lot of firearms related industirees to move.

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    A great place would be all of the new real estate in southern Indiana outside in Charlestown, IN. The land was the site of the ammo plant in WWII. It was cleared and is now a massive space for companies such as amazon who opened up a distribution center last year. The location also is just a 20 minute drive to the UPS worldport for shipping, and is dead center of the country. It would be ideal for logistic purposes.

That's where I live and it would be absolutely perfect for them. It's the former site of the world's largest ammunition plant and there is tons of land for development. The site runs from Charlestown almost all the way into Jeffersonville along Hwy 62. That's about seven full miles of land that's been prepped for industrial development over the last 10-15 years since the army left the plant. Amazon just built their largest facility here and they have plans to expand even further. In just the last three to four years an entire corridor of enormous facilities have moved in and it seems to be working out well for them. As you mentioned it's just minutes from the UPS hub in Louisville and construction on a new bridge across the Ohio maybe five minutes from this location is about to start and would make the trip even shorter.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    Just to throw it out there...Grissom was declared a Free Enterprise Zone by the state. Avaiable hangars and a 2 mile operating runway just off Hwy31. Conveniently located halfway between Chicago, Indianapolis, and Ft Wayne. :twocents:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    well, I guess there's always a dream.

Imagine, coming here where we are running gun buy backs or going to AZ where they aren't going to enforce any new federal gun controls by law... hmmm...

I do hope hey decide to come here though, I love their mags.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Indiana is packed full of plastic injection molding facilities. Between the major auto manufacturers, and the many other industries in our state, there seems to be a plastics factory in just about every small city Ive been too. Plenty of empty factories, buildings, lots of centralized shipping facilities and options, trains, planes and automobiles. Indiana has quite a bit more from a business standpoint than many states. We may not be leading the pack in the fight against this attack on the 2nd amendment, but we are in the fight, and are in a position to offer a company the ability to make a good home in our state.

Top Bottom