• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Sorry if this is elsewhere, I could not find any.

I am spending more time with my 357 magnums. Is there some good sources for general self defense drills or routines that I could focus on for speed and accuracy? I’m running a 3” and yes the 4” does track and recover better, but also carries worse (40oz vs 28oz)

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    Sorry if this is elsewhere, I could not find any.

I am spending more time with my 357 magnums. Is there some good sources for general self defense drills or routines that I could focus on for speed and accuracy? I’m running a 3” and yes the 4” does track and recover better, but also carries worse (40oz vs 28oz)
    Here's a good place to start

Personally, I'm of the mind that the shooting problem doesn't change because you decided to carry a particular firearm, so work toward solving the problem with whatever you choose to carry. If you're running the Gabe White standards(random example) with a wheelgun, don't give yourself any breaks. Work toward the same standards you would expect from yourself with a semi auto.

While there may be minor limitations with a certain platform, you get what you get as far as the shooting problem and what you're carrying at the time, so you should strive toward putting in your best work with that gun. No special drills necessary, other than manipulation specific stuff.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One of the best things you can do will be to work on your hand and forearm strength. Second will be to work on a proper grip - which presents some unique challenges due to the cylinder gap.

Top Bottom