Made my "Election goes bad" list to buy :)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well I was able to get out over lunch and stopped by the local gun store. I was amazed to find two or three harder to find items that he had on the shelf at pretty good deals. I told that I really shouldn't be buying anything right now, but if the election goes the worst way next week I'd be seeing him when he opens up shop for the day.

I have to say though that as close as this race is I'm amazed at the availability and prices of guns, ammo, and mags at this point.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Obama has done more for gun owners than you think. He has created a scare that has caused so many to go out and buy guns.. now the gun industry is fully loaded with money to lobby with if needed.

Also don't you think if he had interest in passing gun laws he would have already?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Also don't you think if he had interest in passing gun laws he would have already?

^This he has a chance to do that when he had the super majority in Congress. He choose to use that super majority to pass Obamacare. After that he lost the super majority and even if he wins the election, I doubt the Ds will control Congress. Suspect the Rs will gain seats in the house and the Ds will retain control of Senate (maybe). In any case he won't have the #s to pass gun control.

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    If he gets re-elected we should worry. At that point he won't have to worry about getting elected again. Lord knows what he will do. Lets hope he doesn't get the chance.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    ^This he has a chance to do that when he had the super majority in Congress. He choose to use that super majority to pass Obamacare.

He's a poor planner and poor leader. He used his time with the super majority poorly and he could have gotten this done yet, but it wasn't his biggest priority. If given a second chance and 2/3's I don't see why he wouldn't try to pass something especially when he's got more "Flexibility". He's a crooked SOB and even though I've stocked up since the '08 panic I really don't think that makes my rights to purchase safe. If he wins he always has the executive order in his back pocket and that's a scary thing with him.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    He's a poor planner and poor leader. He used his time with the super majority poorly and he could have gotten this done yet, but it wasn't his biggest priority. If given a second chance and 2/3's I don't see why he wouldn't try to pass something especially when he's got more "Flexibility". He's a crooked SOB and even though I've stocked up since the '08 panic I really don't think that makes my rights to purchase safe. If he wins he always has the executive order in his back pocket and that's a scary thing with him.

If he wins then he gets to stack the supreme court. But with the end of the world in 50 days does it matter anymore? =)

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    If he wins then he gets to stack the supreme court. But with the end of the world in 50 days does it matter anymore? =)

Which end? The Mayan end in December, the near impact asteroid close to valentine's day 2013, the asteroid Apophis flyby in 2026 / 2039 impact? What we truly need at this point is for FEMA to roll out their true mission: Fitting us all with our .Gov Tin Foil Hats....:D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Regardless of what congress does, this is the critical issue. I'm tired of hearing "but he hasn't done anything yet." It's not because of a change in philosophy. He will continue to appoint anti-gun justices WHO SERVE FOR LIFE.

Further, he specifically set a goal of another "assault weapons ban" (what will be the definition this time? No one knows). He also wants to restrict "cheap handguns"- what is his definition? or does he just mean to slap a huge tax on handguns?

Betting that Obama will be harmless if reelected is a bad bet.

(...and don't get me started about people who will vote for Obama because "Romney doesn't know what regular people go through")

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    If Obummer ends up winning, i think there are alot of those Anti-Gun Dems that would love to put a ban on high cap mags and Drum mags. I think thats what they are worried about right now.

Top Bottom