• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    IEDs
    Traps of all sorts (Even pits of grease, anything to gum up machinery/systems)
    Molotov cocktais

Sustained rifle fire? I'm talking big rounds, let's say sustained 7.62x54r from 12 guys who know how to use their mosins. Maybe 12GA slugs.

If there were large armies of machines taking over the planet, we could set off tens of low power nukes throughout the atmosphere to set off an earthwide EMP. The blasts themselves wouldn't kill anyone, obviously we would irradiate ourselves but I figure this is an anti-extinction measure so who cares.

Maybe I'll convince some Jihad scum that the machines are the new "big thing", and we can take care of two birds with one stone.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Unless they are running on some sort of AI matrix, disruption of communications would be a good start, since they would be likely remotely operated. Perhaps a faraday cage - copper mesh?

Ham radio, 1500w amp, directional antenna. At close range it will most definitely disrupt the comms of almost anything.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2013
    Wait for its battery to run down and then shoot whoever comes to recharge it. Battery development is lagging quite a bit behind the robots. If they go solar power the panels would be easy enough to damage with small arms fire. Hydrogen fuel cells could be a problem for us if they are sufficiently developed in the near future, but they have to run out of fuel some time even then.

I think fire would also be effective. Would at least damage sensors or seriously mess up any heat vision/infrared.

They probably wouldn't be so uparmored to maintain mobility. Could probably damage them with good old steel core 7.62x54 or any sort of AP round. .50 BMG would give them a whallop as well.

The things they might be able to accomplish with graphene batteries could be a real problem if coupled with a hydrogen fuel cell.

trailman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Looking through the site I'd say, shotgun for the small ones. I saw video of the cheetah once, I'd think a bundle of high tensile fence wire would ruin its day. No need for high tech, like the man said a nice hole in the ground would stop most of these. A deadfall, tripwires in the woods the a homemade thermite grenade. A 5x5 wire net would work too. Sticky bomb? Hell I wonder what a taser would do.

Top Bottom