• ...and so much more!
  • SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    Gents,

I’m interested to see if there are any of you with experience on gunsmiths in the Indy-ish area, who have helped fit scope mounts to M1A/M14 rifles.

I’ve had varying degrees of success in the past with ARMS #18 mounts sitting centered and straight over M1As. My last rifle and mount were pretty far askew, and I ended up going back to irons. I’d like to find someone local who can help fit any future mounts I have to my weapon.

I should mention that the ARMS18 is the only one I’ll use, because it sits so low that when the optics come off, it’s a good old iron sighted rifle.

Because M14 threads suck without photos:
    A95869EB-F9AA-416C-AF63-8A6E42BACEE6.jpeg

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Gents,

I’m interested to see if there are any of you with experience on gunsmiths in the Indy-ish area, who have helped fit scope mounts to M1A/M14 rifles.

I’ve had varying degrees of success in the past with ARMS #18 mounts sitting centered and straight over M1As. My last rifle and mount were pretty far askew, and I ended up going back to irons. I’d like to find someone local who can help fit any future mounts I have to my weapon.

I should mention that the ARMS18 is the only one I’ll use, because it sits so low that when the optics come off, it’s a good old iron sighted rifle.

Because M14 threads suck without photos:
    View attachment 190864

Badger Creek has done some light gunsmithing for me and The Gun Rack does restoration work. Not sure if either would/can do what your looking for. Both are in Mooresville off of hwy 67.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I bet AJ Brown has done some.

But any way around it, scopes tend to get killed.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Recoil cycle. Bad news, on a lot of scopes that otherwise tolerate lots of things.

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    Have you tried Burris rings with the offset inserts?
    I haven’t, I’ve used Seekins Precision rings exclusively since 2012. If the mount is offset, it bothers me enough I just get rid of it.

I’d like to make another Black Hawk Down/Shughart clone with an Aimpoint. M14s with quick optics are fierce!

I’m stuck with my pet mounting solutions of an ARMS #18 and Seekins rings - I’m just hesitant to get one unless I know I can get it worked on if there’s an issue.

desnifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    USA
    I haven’t, I’ve used Seekins Precision rings exclusively since 2012. If the mount is offset, it bothers me enough I just get rid of it.

I’d like to make another Black Hawk Down/Shughart clone with an Aimpoint. M14s with quick optics are fierce!

I’m stuck with my pet mounting solutions of an ARMS #18 and Seekins rings - I’m just hesitant to get one unless I know I can get it worked on if there’s an issue.
    Not close to you, but SEI has done excellent work for me in the past even if it was a crazy long wait. Ideally for a Shughart clone you'd use the rings that the aimpoint 5000 came with. I need to build one myself to go with my Gordon clone.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Not close to you, but SEI has done excellent work for me in the past even if it was a crazy long wait. Ideally for a Shughart clone you'd use the rings that the aimpoint 5000 came with. I need to build one myself to go with my Gordon clone.
    On a side note, I know Ron and Andy do excellent work and often times donate work and parts to people, but my M1A SM has been there since last May to have it rebedded in a McMillan stock. On Feb 3 I was told “about 3 more weeks” and still no word. Ron IS the M14 Guru but gosh they’re slow.

Top Bottom