• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    I was in my local auto parts store and saw Lucas oil gun lube on the counter. I wasnt aware Lucas was making gun oil. Anybody ever use it? Thoughts?

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Its like blackterror says , its ok but there is better out there . I wiped a couple .22 down with it after cleaning ,when I took the .22's back out of the safe to go plinking , I found rust on the barrel :dunno: maybe it was me (missed a spot) but both .22's had it .

jzdank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2015
    Chesterton
    I'm beginning to wonder if the Lucas brand is overreaching. Seems they're making some sort of lubricant for everything. I'll know I'm correct when I see their "personal lubricant".

ponch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    I'm beginning to wonder if the Lucas brand is overreaching. Seems they're making some sort of lubricant for everything. I'll know I'm correct when I see their "personal lubricant".

only if it gives me that SPECIAL feeling

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County

I agree, they had a tent at the State Fair the other year and "personal lube" was the only thing I didn't see.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I agree, they had a tent at the State Fair the other year and "personal lube" was the only thing I didn't see.
    I've seen the gun oil but didn't try it after using a few of their other products.
    I tried their pneumatic air tool oil. I got rid of it quick. No-No for my high dollar tools.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    I have a bottle I bought back in 2007. does the trick, but being the bright red, it will stain anything....drop a bottle on accident and your wife wonders what you killed.
    i use it primarily on my range guns though

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I thought the same thing about Royal Purple Gun Oil. I'm a HUGE fan of their motor oil, but never got around to trying their gun oil....

synthetic-gun-oil.png

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    I use just a little of it on about everything, but it works great on the internals of the belt fed. It's heavier and hangs around for a while.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I've had good success using it. Even in my grandsons Red Rider Daisy BB rifle it's preserved the power of it's lever pump for over five years.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I have been using it sparingly for firearm lubrication only for a while now. It seems to me that it stays wet and slick much longer than some other brands of gun oil that I have tried which tend to vanish over a short time.

Top Bottom