LTCH application time limit - 90 days or 365 days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I started the application process to renew my LTCH around 5 months ago. I got the initial electronic fingerprinting done immediately. But then I didn't follow up. Now when go the ISP portal, it says you only have 90 days to complete the process from when you apply. But when I log in, it says you get 365 days, and I have 20x days remaining. The status shows as "PENDING LOCAL APPROVAL" and it says I need to visit my local LE agency.

Which time limit is correct? Should I go ahead with the local fingerprinting, or start again?

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I emailed them and pointed out the conflicting info. They just replied and said I have 202 days to complete it. They didn't explain why there's another notice that says 90 days...must be a mistake. Maybe it changed during covid and didn't change back.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I emailed them and pointed out the conflicting info. They just replied and said I have 202 days to complete it. They didn't explain why there's another notice that says 90 days...must be a mistake. Maybe it changed during covid and didn't change back.
    Could be due to covid. I can't find anything in the IC or IAC regarding timeline to finish the app, but I did find two different times on the ISP site one is 90 days the other is 180 :n00b:. In the IC it says you can apply up to 365 days before your license expires.

180 days
    After you complete Step 1, you will have only 180 days to complete Steps 2 and 3. Once all of the above steps are completed, your application will be electronically transmitted to ISP for final review.

90 days
    Complete local law enforcement (sheriff or municipal police) agency processing within 90 days.

Top Bottom