803205-holy_facepalm_super.jpg

Good job on your part though.:yesway:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Call me a ***** if you want, as much as I would love to OC all the time because it IS our right and it is more comfortable, because of my "look" .

Big guy, tats, goatee... I CC.

I hate it but I have neither the time nor money to deal with uninformed officers hassling legal citizen for OC.

I envy you guys with the balls to do it and wish I could. I do in the small town I live in and many other small towns because it is either not noticed or the officers are more aware.

To the OP, I am sorry you had to experience this ignorance.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Even if the OP did mouth off and act like a jackass, that isn't a reason to permit the officers to be less than professional or state incorrect law.

I thought that state law was silent on the issue , thereby making it legal to OC ?

If the officer is saying that it's illegal , maybe he was referring to a local or city ordinance . :dunno:

Or maybe he assumed your a Rambo wannbe and acted like an ass about it .

Are you positive you didn't "mouth off" or give them a reason to be jerks ?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Sometimes I think about printing all the applicable firearms and carry laws and making a little pocket book to carry around in case something like this ever happens. It'd be nice to have something to shove in some dick's face when they're wrong.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I hate to say it but not everyone that has a badge and a gun should. Having said that the cops have a tough job and I know some really good cops, on the other hand some are not doing the job but rather have their own agenda. The only way to keep things on the up and up is to enforce your rights.

Contact a lawyer and see if you have a case, if you do. Take them to court, sue them for the principle of it not the money. I don't know for sure but I think the good cops may very well be glad to see those with their own agenda's being set straight.

If you were in the right then stand up for your rights. just my :twocents:

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    I feel so lucky in the fact that I carry everyday and have never had a problem like this ever happen to me! I dont know, I guess some people are just S--t magnets that get all the fun.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I agree contact a attorney, NRA, GOA and every other pro 2A institution you can. Get ahold of the people at WOWO and go public with this ordeal. If you havent filed a complaint do so at the sime time you go public on WOWO. I recommend complimenting the professionalism of the good officers you dealt with and the describe how you were treated by the other officers. I think its very important to know how many officers we have in this city that do not know the laws they are supposed to enforce. The more we remain silent about the wrong doings of the BAD LEO's the more power we give them to do what they want and continue to trample our rights.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    contacting WOWO would be a good idea how do i go about doin that.I plan on calling the commanding officer that was there and talkin to him along with the state police about this. I wanna talk to the commanding officer to get the first two responding officers names and unit numbers. So when i have to privide all the information to the ISP i wont be leaving any information out. A lawyer would be a good idea but i cant afford it.

BTW The commanding officer there we talked about ARs for a few mins told me he was build one with a 10.5 barrle. I asked if he had his NFA stamp yet and if he didnt I didntwant to report him but i would Jokingly of course.........

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    *snip*

I think we need to organize a INGO OC event in Fort Wayne!!!

*snip*

Let us know when and where. I think there are several here who would be willing to help with this.

To the OP:

Don't let the sun go down today without making a formal complaint as well as calling a few lawyers. :ingo:

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I agree with everyone else, it seemed that everything you did today was legit! You were calm, compliant, and did nothing wrong! Do all you can to make this problem public! People including city officials, officers, anyone in fact are not very knowledgable when it comes to state laws especially when it deals with OC. Something I just cant understand.

I applaud the officers who acted professional, to the ones who werent, well that just shows the maturity of some of the Ft. Wayne PD-and they should not represent our city-nor be allowed to wear a badge.

Document, Document, Document! I cant stress this enough, and file those complaints! Do not let things like this slide through the cracks.

We are legal carrying citizens of society, maybe its time for Ft. Wayne to have a OC event. Good Luck! We have your back! :yesway:

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Find a lawyer in the Fort Wayne area that practices Sec. 1983 law. Atty fees can be covered under that provision otherwise you will be out of pocket.

Make sure you put speedway on written notice not to recycle the security tape for inside AND outside the store. Deliver it personally and fin out who the registered agent is with the secretary of state and send it CERTIFIED.

Get names of assisting officer immediately.

Put their chief on written notice to preserve all radio and dispatch logs. Serve it upon the City attorney as well.

The more you do up front the better off you will be.

Situations such as this tend to get erased or selective memory takes over quickly for culpable parties once they realize what they have done.

Get going on it TODAY or else you will be left simply picking up your permit with no apology given.

The State Police is unlikely to follow through on any of this once the information comes out if as you say

Top Bottom