• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This thread isn't about waiting for rebates? Well, nevermind then.

Unless my local Lowes explodes, I'm unlikely to be inconvenienced by anything Menards decides.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Went to the Southport/Emerson Menards on Tuesday; "Sorry sir you have to buy a mask to come in". Why do I NEED to buy a mask and when did this start? "It's been like this for months, since you don't have one you have to buy one." No, it hasn't been this way for months, am I going to get a coupon off on my purchase? "No sir it's state law".

buh bye.

Menards Camby "Sir you have to have a mask to come in". I have one (shows it to Paul Blart but keeps walking) "Sir you have to put it ON". Quick scan of immediate area finds 4 employees that don't even appear to have one. "I'll put mine on when they do, have a nice day".

Yes I'm an ******* and yes this security theater is a crock. Unfortunately it will take history to support that statement. I'm sure looking back in several years will show that MILLIONS of people had it and never knew it. Darwin's theory is being proven every day but until it becomes political or about feelings nobody gives one ounce of a ****! I'll wear the stupid mask when I'm somewhere that they are worried about "feelings" but I don't have to agree with it.

The wife has offered to make my Menards run for me for the foreseeable future.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The funny thing is that if somebody wanted to look into it a little deeper (not me, it's really not worth my effort) but I'm guessing that there are those on this board that protest load and clear about no gun policies but are 100% behind mask policies.

And don't even see the irony in it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Didn't realize they had this policy. May send them a thank you email. Going to start going there. Have an at risk daughter and wife and with all the ****ing mouth breathing, coughing, germ laden and inconsiderate morons who don't think their actions affect others, can go elsewhere 'cause 'Merica :patriot: I will continue to be as careful as I can when I need to go out among them.
    The older I've gotten, the less I give a **** what others think about me. You are free to be you as I am to be me.

Bob

Maybe it is because you live in the shadows but you need to come to grips with some things.

Viruses never go away.

It is not possible to hide from this virus, live in Indiana, and participate in commerce with your fellow humans.
    (They never have said stop the spread, only slow it so as not to overwhelm healthcare facilities.)

Menards is creating a false sense of security as noted in several posts here documenting improper mask use, how folks touch their mask all the time then touch everything else.

If we are required to wear masks now, when would we not be required to do so? Humans, particularly children are vile little disease spreaders. We cannot lockdown for this stuff because humans spread disease.

I understand your desire to protect your family and wish you well in it.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I just wonder if I will ever experience a day in my life when everyone in the world agrees on everything? Not one person getting their feelings hurt, not one person angry about something they think is stupid and such. No anger or hissy fits about masks, guns, length of hair, racial marriages.....you know - all the important stuff that people bicker about. If it all disappeared for one day.

Instead, everyone was happy. Happy that they woke up and was alive. Maybe they had aches and pains, but just being alive was great. Everyone celebrated life!

I know....won't happen. Not enough LSD in the world.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I just wonder if I will ever experience a day in my life when everyone in the world agrees on everything? Not one person getting their feelings hurt, not one person angry about something they think is stupid and such. No anger or hissy fits about masks, guns, length of hair, racial marriages.....you know - all the important stuff that people bicker about. If it all disappeared for one day.

Instead, everyone was happy. Happy that they woke up and was alive. Maybe they had aches and pains, but just being alive was great. Everyone celebrated life!

I know....won't happen. Not enough LSD in the world.

Never happen because, for some inexplicable reason, the human beast is not content to control themselves, everything you listed is someone trying to control others. I presume the LSD would be to make the bridle chafe less?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    They started this policy on May 1st. I was there on April 30th and they didn't have this policy. I won't step foot in there until it is not a policy. The big thing to me is that if you are going to require it, they should provide it. Especially since they have been open this whole time and busier then ever and not required it. So far the Goodwills around the area and the Hallmark, both of which just opened up, require it. Being married to a nurse, I know the different type of masks and how they work, they ones the government want us to use, don't protect us from breathing it in. Also from my experience shopping, people don't use them properly. Taking them down to talk, having them down on their necks, not covering their nose, and from a co worker I heard of someone shopping at Walmart taking a mask off to sneeze! I will not step foot into a store requiring masks, if that is their policy, then I won't go in. Much like Dick's firearms policies, I haven't darkened their doors since they did what they did. If I need anything now, I will go to Lowe's. I know some will compare to this to no shoes, no shirt, no service, but most everyone owns those. Masks are not a common thing to own before now.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    If someone doesn't go to Menards because of this policy but goes back one they lift it, in my eyes, you're a hypocrite. Go or don't, that's your choice but don't grandstand about it and then go back.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I took my wife and daughter to walmart this morning to buy them bicycles. We used hand-sani, practiced social distancing and we all wore our surgical masks. I estimate 20% of the people in the store wearing masks. I wasn't mad at anyone not wearing a mask and I don't think they cared that we were. Checked out through the garden section...easy breezy

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm guessing that there are those on this board that protest load and clear

Well, yeah. You're supposed to UNLOAD and clear. Wait. What? Oh, right.*

*For the sake of those offended by my poking fun at femurphy77's typo, I recognize his** right as a human*** to make a typo. Not only recognize it, but support it. Not only support it, but celebrate it. I recognize and celebrate the diversity of his spelling and or typing choices. I understand his personal liberty in choosing how to spell/type/communicate is sacrosanct. There's nothing funny about this post at all, and I certainly wasn't amused. You shouldn't be either. You should be gravely offended, like I was by my post, and question my judgement on posting such a provocative post. I'm clearly in the wrong here. Unless you don't want to be offended and were amused also, in which case you should probably still feel some level of shame and/or offense. I also recognize and celebrate your decision on these points.

**Preemptively, I deeply apologize for assuming gender.

***Preemptively, I deeply apologize for assuming species****.

****Preemptively, I deeply apologize for not being completely clear on if "Human" is a species or genus and any subsequent debates are entirely my fault. I am truly, truly sorry and am humbled by this opportunity to apologize.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well, yeah. You're supposed to UNLOAD and clear. Wait. What? Oh, right.*

*For the sake of those offended by my poking fun at femurphy77's typo, I recognize his** right as a human*** to make a typo. Not only recognize it, but support it. Not only support it, but celebrate it. I recognize and celebrate the diversity of his spelling and or typing choices. I understand his personal liberty in choosing how to spell/type/communicate is sacrosanct. There's nothing funny about this post at all, and I certainly wasn't amused. You shouldn't be either. You should be gravely offended, like I was by my post, and question my judgement on posting such a provocative post. I'm clearly in the wrong here. Unless you don't want to be offended and were amused also, in which case you should probably still feel some level of shame and/or offense. I also recognize and celebrate your decision on these points.

**Preemptively, I deeply apologize for assuming gender.

***Preemptively, I deeply apologize for assuming species****.

****Preemptively, I deeply apologize for not being completely clear on if "Human" is a species or genus and any subsequent debates are entirely my fault. I am truly, truly sorry and am humbled by this opportunity to apologize.

Now I need a puppy. And a hug.:crying:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I live "In the shadows" on this board because it's nobodies business where I live unless I want them to know.
    I work in one of the highest concentrations of this virus in the state. I take proper precautions there also. I have 2 immediate family members who are nurses who work in the nursing homes.

When I was in Iraq for 3 years, I wore a helmet when I was suppose to. What was the percentage of head wounds overall? Don't know but I wanted to minimize my risks. What is the percentage of police officers who get shot? Don't know but I'd buy one of them a vest if they said they needed it to minimize their risk.

I'm not hiding from the real world believe me. I have to deal with the little **** stains every single day at work. I believe that people can make their own decisions but that all decisions have consequences. Sometimes collateral damage is acceptable and sometimes not. Roll the dice.

Bob

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    speaking of that, a friend who wants a new dog posted that the pet store she has went to during this with no problem now requires an appointment apparently. Second hand knowledge so I can’t validate or know the store.

Probably business is so off they decided to go appointment only instead of sitting there all day. I've heard of a few places doing that. Tell your friend to try one of the many rescues or shelters. We've gotten some GREAT dogs there and I believe they know they've been given a reprieve when they walk out of them with their new humans.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Frankly, if I owned a business I would require masks just as a CYA to avoid future lawsuits from anyone that gets sick. Yes, it seems like they would probably have a hard time proving they got sick in my store due to my failure to require masks, but I wouldn't want to be the deepest pockets available with any remotely plausible culpability.
    I doubt anyone would ever be able to collect on a suit blaming a store if they catch this virus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom