• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I am a very blessed man. Married 15 years to an amazing wife. Three beautiful kids with one more on the way. Good job. All my needs are met.

So this not a complaint. Just an observation.

I started playing piano when I was 10 or 11 years old. God gifted me with natural musical talent for some reason. Didn’t take long to get pretty good. Really good. Ended up getting a scholarship to college to sing opera and play classical piano. Anyway. You know how life is. Never really did anything with it. Got into the trades. Started a family, etc.

I bet I haven’t seriously played the piano in 15 years.

I printed off some sheet music tonight and sat down to play Clair de Lune.

Just not the same anymore. Not at all like riding a bike. Crazy how it’s just gone.

Keep up on your skills. Once they’re gone, they’re very hard to get back.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I am a very blessed man. Married 15 years to an amazing wife. Three beautiful kids with one more on the way. Good job. All my needs are met.

So this not a complaint. Just an observation.

I started playing piano when I was 10 or 11 years old. God gifted me with natural musical talent for some reason. Didn’t take long to get pretty good. Really good. Ended up getting a scholarship to college to sing opera and play classical piano. Anyway. You know how life is. Never really did anything with it. Got into the trades. Started a family, etc.

I bet I haven’t seriously played the piano in 15 years.

I printed off some sheet music tonight and sat down to play Clair de Lune.

Just not the same anymore. Not at all like riding a bike. Crazy how it’s just gone.

Keep up on your skills. Once they’re gone, they’re very hard to get back.
    I have a saxophone that I haven't played in more than 40 years.

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    You're right. I learned Morse code when I was 14 or 15. I used it for 3 years at least once a week. Got up to a pretty quick speed (20 words a minute maybe) and then was able to get voice privileges on the radio and stopped using it. 25 yeras later it is taking forever to build up my speed again and remember those letters and numbers you rarely use.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've learned some skills early on as well and I know that I would have a difficult time now getting up to speed with them on the level that I once was because I haven't done what I used to do in a very long time.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Guitar, once was fair. Took it back up last winter. Almost quit right off cause no finger callouses. Stayed the course, getting back a small bit of the old skill. But now my hands are all bugged up.

Just did my first night time driving in quite a while. I really need to hone that skill set. The new super bright lights almost make me worry about the way I do it.

Glad I have a back door range and a passion I love. I can still hit a 4 inch plate at 21 feet with a j-frame 100% of the time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've learned some skills early on as well and I know that I would have a difficult time now getting up to speed with them on the level that I once was because I haven't done what I used to do in a very long time.
    I was pretty good at pool back in the day. Used to play 9-ball every day at the local pool hall. Boy I sucked when I tried to play recently. It was embarrassingly bad. It’s probably been 45 years since I played.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was pretty good at pool back in the day. Used to play 9-ball every day at the local pool hall. Boy I sucked when I tried to play recently. It was embarrassingly bad. It’s probably been 45 years since I played.
    I used to be pretty good with bo staff (I was dynamite) but I haven't practiced those skills in a while. I gotta go feed Tina some ham.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I played Pinball a lot when I was a Kid, Nickel a game. Several years ago we were in Hendersonville N.C. My wife suggested we go to the Appalachian Pinball Museum. They had every Pinball Game you could imagine from the 1940's to today! It was $10 for all you wanted to play. I Beat the High Score on 3 different machines. I must still have the Touch.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I sold my Yamaha double years ago when I realized that I no longer had the chops to play. It was a sad moment for sure. Being in bands and being a good horn player was a big part of my life for a decade or so. Then it’s all gone.

With my hearing now I couldn’t even begin to try and stay in tune with a group. Something that I took for granted.

Top Bottom