• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    In all seriousness, There are quite a few great clubs around you with a lot of great guys and gals that shoot USPSA. Have fun and come down to Silver Creek when we start having matches..

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Question for you experienced folk. Everyone says just start and run what you've got. For me, that's a G19.

I feel like I'm handicapping myself by using a gun with a shorter sight radius. Should I invest in a G17/34, or wait and just shoot the 19 for awhile?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Question for you experienced folk. Everyone says just start and run what you've got. For me, that's a G19.

I feel like I'm handicapping myself by using a gun with a shorter sight radius. Should I invest in a G17/34, or wait and just shoot the 19 for awhile?

2012 IN State match...
    8th out of 70 production shooters.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K9N34qCiFDI

shoot your 19. Upgrade once youre sure production is the division you want to shoot.
    -rvb

Last edited:

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    My advise, get involved with the setup crew at ACC. Its a good way to learn about the sport, and make friends who can teach you the ropes.
    I will second that. I met Dan Hart who used to be the match director at ACC at his display table at the 1500 years ago. I eventually got more involved and now shoot limited. I started by visiting the matches and hanging around. I have never been involved in such a welcoming sport. You dont have to be a member to shoot or visit the matches. There used to be a 4-5 hour new shooter class that Dan did on Saturday before the match. It helped me to break the concept that my father built into me ie dont run with a loaded gun! I took that class and it was a great investment. Do the class and come to a match and you'll be up and running. Look at the Atlanta Conservation Club web site and you will find contacts for everyone that is involved. You will not be disappointed. See you there!

Last edited:

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    2012 IN State match...
    8th out of 70 production shooters.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K9N34qCiFDI

shoot your 19. Upgrade once youre sure production is the division you want to shoot.
    -rvb

I echo Robs comments. Shoot with the 19 for now. You will get opportunities to try other guns as you get to know people. And before you know it you will have to have a special gun for each class you shoot. I said I was done once I built my G35 then I went to ZR Tactical.... Especially at Atlanta you will probably not be shooting much as far as distance so a longer gun may not be of the utmost importance.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Sight radius is probably in the bottom 3 things that will ever be a factor in your match performance.

You won't know what you want to buy until you try the game. Shoot what you have, get an idea of what it's about, and how you want to play it. Then you can buy whatever you want!

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Alright. Got a belt and mag pouches (CR Speed, as recommended by a friend) and a comp-tac belt holster.

I'll see you all in April.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Alright. Got a belt and mag pouches (CR Speed, as recommended by a friend) and a comp-tac belt holster.

I'll see you all in April.

Hop on up to Ft Wayne 3rd Sunday in March. We're having a classifier match. the courses are a little simpler and more scripted for getting your feet wet, and then you can start right off w/ a classification!

fwrr.us for directions
    ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com if you have questions.

-rvb

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Hop on up to Ft Wayne 3rd Sunday in March. We're having a classifier match. the courses are a little simpler and more scripted for getting your feet wet, and then you can start right off w/ a classification!

fwrr.us for directions
    ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com if you have questions.

-rvb

That's a bit of a stretch from here but I'll see what I can do.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    getting the Grandmaster card right away would be an auspicious start to dominating your division the first year.

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    Sight radius is probably in the bottom 3 things that will ever be a factor in your match performance.

I have been shooting for awhile and I think my sights are like new, Hardly use. I was ask once why I have that $300 c-more and don't use it. :dunno:

Top Bottom