• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmills

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2015
    Marshall co
    [FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Have an older S&W 38 special probably late 1941 or early 1942. Maybe some times called Pre-Victories Serial number 848823 to Oct 1941 and 898176 to May 1942 for a 38 Special. Any idea where I can find a thumb piece and nut?
    Do you think the one here in this web site will work?
    [/FONT]http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/safety-parts/safeties/thumbpiece-new-style-blue-prod15438.aspx

100_0753.JPG

jmills

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2015
    Marshall co
    I did find some there at the web site you suggested but what model would I consider? 10,12,13 to 60's to 574 etc... Same question if I look on ebay.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    The only advice I can give is for you to head over to the S&W forum. There are guys on there who can look up the numbers and tell you what you have. I used to have a book that listed all of them but I loaned it out and it never came back. I wouldn't order anything for it until you know exactly what you have because there were some major engineering changes made about that time period. Another good source for S&W parts is Numrich Arms and Jack First Parts. They have websites. (at least Numrich still does. Jack First has a catalog about the size of 3 phone books.)

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Sorry, but I disagree with the others. Brownells is the best resource. Just talk to one of their guys before ordering. It is the same part for almost 100 years.

Top Bottom