• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    I've got a SOLGW 11.5" upper with an A2 FSP. Came with a Magpul SL handguard, which I'm not crazy about, but it works. I've been looking at options for an mlok handguard (not really interested in a quad rail) that will drop in and work with the delta ring. So far I've come across a few, and have my options whittled to either a midwest industries or the centurion c4. Anyone have any experience with either? Other options worth considering?

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Not specific to that handguard, but MI stuff is top quality. I have numerous handguards of theirs. They are my favorite. I came on here to suggest them.

I’m sure someone else will come and say the same about centurion. I don’t have their stuff but have heard nothing but great things.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Not specific to that handguard, but MI stuff is top quality. I have numerous handguards of theirs. They are my favorite. I came on here to suggest them.

I’m sure someone else will come and say the same about centurion. I don’t have their stuff but have heard nothing but great things.
    Good to know on MI. I'm just having a hard time convincing myself that the c4 is going to be twice as good (but it sure is twice as expensive). Another option that's come up is the UTG pro, which looks pretty comparable to the MI in terms of build quality, but does have the added benefit of extra mlok slots in between the 12 and 3 and 12 and 9 o'clock positions.

knutty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 5, 2016
    Noblesville
    Centurion C4 is not a drop in rail. It requires the delta ring assembly to be removed so the rail can clamp on the barrel nut.

DD Omega is drop in and free float. That would be my pick in the current market.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    So I took a flyer on the utg pro. Worst case scenario it'll end up on the bare bones rifle I built a while back for my kids to take to the range, and I'll revisit the handguard on the shorty. Primary arms already has my order shipped, so it should be here in a few days.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Ive been using the keymod variant of the BCM drop in polymer handguard. Very happy. Mounted a Streamlight Polytac to it, held up very well. Would buy again.

I see now they make it in MLOK as well.

OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I have the MI M-lok 2 piece drop in on my 20” and I love it!!

Attachments

• 993B5391-24CF-4F07-9C66-026442608F15.jpeg
      993B5391-24CF-4F07-9C66-026442608F15.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 6

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

A friend has this for his AR-15. He really likes it.

I used one of their drop in quad rail handguards for a DPMS 308 Oricle years ago. It was good quality and made well.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Ive been using the keymod variant of the BCM drop in polymer handguard. Very happy. Mounted a Streamlight Polytac to it, held up very well. Would buy again.

I see now they make it in MLOK as well.

If I were going that route, I'd just stick with the Magpul SL handguard that came on the upper.

rrschooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    So the utg pro showed up yesterday, so I took 10 minutes to get it installed. Honestly took longer to get all the mlok stuff sorted than installing the handguard did. Was pleased with the whole handguard, in terms both build quality and looks. I'll have to give it a little range time to see if I'll keep it on this specific upper, as I lose the spot for my index finger the sl handguard gave me (I knew that going in)

Pics for your viewing pleasure
    IMG_20220402_165602.jpg

WhiskE TangO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Bargersville
    I've got a SOLGW 11.5" upper with an A2 FSP. Came with a Magpul SL handguard, which I'm not crazy about, but it works. I've been looking at options for an mlok handguard (not really interested in a quad rail) that will drop in and work with the delta ring. So far I've come across a few, and have my options whittled to either a midwest industries or the centurion c4. Anyone have any experience with either? Other options worth considering?
    I have a a spare Knights rails system that is drop in to the delta. Same thing US military uses. Rock solid with no issues. Has rail covers, forward grip, etc. Not sure where you are located, but you are more than welcome to check it out and see if its something similar to your taste.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I have 4 rifles with the Midwest Industries drop ins. I love their stuff. I also have a rifle
    Length Knights Armament drop in on one. Also bad ass.

I prefer the MI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom