• ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Danner boots at our house.
    They are good quality boots that do everything I or my wife need them to.
    They have some hiking boots in your price range.They will also recraft(rebuild)any Danner boot ever made for around 1/2 the cost of new boots.They are not "disposable" boots.It is the main reason I like the stitch down all leather boots they make.
    Danner - Boots

This is not a stitch down boot,but they are top quality for the price(my wife has a pair).
    $140.00(in mens)
    http://www.danner.com/boots/jackaltm-ii-gtxr-mossy-oakr-brushr-hunting-boots.html

She also has a pair of http://www.danner.com/boots/elk-ridgetm-gtxr-1000g-hunting-boots.html thanks to INGO last year at Christmas.Danner had a one day only online sale 50% off all boots that someone on INGO posted about(Thank you thank you!!).
    I picked up a new pair of http://www.danner.com/boots/canadiantm-600g-hunting-boots.html at the same sale.2 pairs of the same boot,but they will out last me :)

Last edited:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    My all time favorite

Converse Desert Tactical Soft Toe Boots plus FREE SHIPPING!

policestuff_2227_1204814221

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I have to agree with mvician. I was issued two pair of Converse boots (mine were composite toe with side zipper) and one pair lasted through my 07 Afghan deployment and 08-09 Iraq deployment...and I'm hard on boots. I kept the other pair clean for stateside use. Now I wear black pair with my civilian uniform...best boots I've ever owned except my Lowa mountain boots but they were over $300.

I purchased my last pair from Footworks ($100 on S/W side of Indy) and was told Converse is going away soon....Nike is eliminating the brand after they sell off the profitable models.

Jeremy says his were crap...he must have got a pair made at 5 PM on Friday....or whenever the Chinese or Korean weekend starts. LOL

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'm looking for a new pair of boots. I prefer 6" or so. I would like to keep the price within $100-150. I've looked at Keen, I like the reviews and what I've heard from people that have them. I've also checked out some Converse tactical boots. I'll mostly be using them at the range and some hiking. I'm open to just about anything in my price range, or slightly more if needed. I've looked at some Merrell and Asolo online. Looking for fairly lightweight, durable, and waterproof or resistant is fine but not 100% needed. Any recommendations?

The problem with boots is there are so many different criteria for rating them that you can't really say that any boot is the best period, so i'll give you some of my bests

Bar none the most comfortable and lightest boot i've ever worn is the underarmor valsets.
    s89-1540.jpg

These boots are like wearing a memory foam mattress on your feet. They are more comfortable than my tennis shoes. They are NOT waterproof though they make a waterproof model that i haven't worn yet. I own 2 pair of them and haven't had any issues, but i hear they fall apart quick. They are so comfortable that as soon as they break apart i'll buy more. These boots caused me to throw away my: Oakleys, Bates, IDF scouts, Haix, Magnums and Converse

The best looking boots that can stand up to just about anything and have lasted me for 10+ years...Danner Acadia.

danner_acadia_i_69210.jpg

I have multiple pairs of them as i tend to wear the soles out every 2 years. I always want to have a pair for when i send the other pair in. For $75.00 i get the boots resoled and reconditioned. They come back and look brand new. With these boots on you can stand in stream almost up to the top all day long and never get your feet wet. They get good traction, stand up to anything, always keep you dry, look sharp and hold a shine. The drawback to these boots is the price and the fact that they are as heavy as strapping a cinder block to each foot.

They are not as comfortable as my UA boots, hell heaven isn't as comfortable, but they shrug off inclement weather like it's nothing. Every day i check the weather forecast. If it's good 100% of the time i'll wear the UA's if there is a hint of rain, snow, etc I'll wear the Danners.

jeepjester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2012
    I went to gander mountain to buy a pair of the converse tactical and was told by the guy helping me told me they were junk. If I knew for sure they would last I would buy a pair.But based on what he said I passed for now.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    I'm looking for a new pair of boots. I prefer 6" or so. I would like to keep the price within $100-150. I've looked at Keen, I like the reviews and what I've heard from people that have them. I've also checked out some Converse tactical boots. I'll mostly be using them at the range and some hiking. I'm open to just about anything in my price range, or slightly more if needed. I've looked at some Merrell and Asolo online. Looking for fairly lightweight, durable, and waterproof or resistant is fine but not 100% needed. Any recommendations?
    For hiking i would go with Merrel but for hunting or anything thats work related, Danner is my favorite hands down!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have to agree with mvician. I was issued two pair of Converse boots (mine were composite toe with side zipper) and one pair lasted through my 07 Afghan deployment and 08-09 Iraq deployment...and I'm hard on boots. I kept the other pair clean for stateside use. Now I wear black pair with my civilian uniform...best boots I've ever owned except my Lowa mountain boots but they were over $300.

I purchased my last pair from Footworks ($100 on S/W side of Indy) and was told Converse is going away soon....Nike is eliminating the brand after they sell off the profitable models.

Jeremy says his were crap...he must have got a pair made at 5 PM on Friday....or whenever the Chinese or Korean weekend starts. LOL

Lol!

I will admit they are super comfortable, with little to no break-in period. They worked well for Garrison and Convoy type work, but when I took them out on Patrol, the Mountains and Terrain in Afghanistan quickly destroyed the soles and the stitching started popping as well...

Top Bottom