• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I have a Ruger 77/357 which fires 357 magnum and 38 special ammo. I'm looking for a optic that would be in the 3 thru 9 or 4 thru 12 magnification that would handle the bullet drop between the two calibers. If I sight the rifle in with the 357 mag it will be dead on in that caliber but when I usee 38 special in it it drops the bullets about 8 inches POA. I would like to find something with a bdc or mil-dot optic that I could use without having to adjust the scope everytime I change calibers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Sorry about taking so long, I completly missed this thread.

I dont think you will find a scope will stay sighted in between 2 ammos. What I would recommend is getting a scope that tracks with a numbered turrets. Sight in with the 357, and figure out your drop chart. Reset the turrets to zero, (without adjusting the scope). Now your sighted in with the 357 and the #0 facing you. Then grab the 38, and sight it in, and figure out your drop chart. Then record where the turrets are that way your sighted in with the 357, and when you go to shoot the 38 you dial the turret to ? and you know your ready to go.

If all that was confusing call me at 765-580-0986. I have plenty of scopes in stock that will fit your bill.

Top Bottom