• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Willing to consider anything, either O/U or single barrel break action. Have several trade options available or cash in hand.
    Let me know what you have ! Northern half of the state preferred but willing to travel for the right deal.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Trap and skeet are two very different games. Shots in skeet are not more than about 21 yards and require no more than .005 choke constriction. Flat shooting guns are the norm. Maximum barrel length 30”.

Trap is a game of greater distance - out to 40 yards and since the targets are rising a gun that shoots a high POI is preferred. Patterns should be at least 70/30. Figure a modified or full choke requirement. Barrel lengths out to 34”.

You don’t mention if you will be a casual shooter in the backyard with your friends shooting some targets or plan to eventually want to shoot registered targets in competition. There is quite a difference in the type of gun you might want. If you want a gun to shoot both I think you should consider one of the auto loaders with a choke tube barrel and an adjustable stock. Perhaps a Remington or a Beretta. Both manufacturers make a gun that can be had with interchangeable barrels and at a cost much less than a quality over and under. (BTW, You’re not going to be able to shoot skeet with a single shot break open gun)

You also don’t make mention of your budget. A new Remington 1100/1187 or a Beretta 391 Tekneys will run about $1,500-$1,800. An extra barrel adds another $300-500.

I think you you need to be a little more specific with the intended use, budget, and level of seriousness you intend. The price range(s) can vary from $750 for a good used auto loader up to several thousands of dollars for the high end trap guns - Beretta, Kolar, Perazzi, Browning, or Krieghoff. To get some of idea of pricing check in to Gunsamerica, Gunbroker, or Gunsinternational.

protouraero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Chesterton, IN
    I have 2 O/U shot guns for sale.
    Charles Daily model 106, like new in box with extra chokes.
    Mossberg silver reserve, great condition, gold inlays.
    Let me know if interested.
    NW Indiana, Chesterton
    Mike 219-746-0445

Top Bottom