• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    My experience with CZs has found them reliable, but for me they are somewhat difficult to take down to clean. CZ's method of having to hold the frame and grip together, then attempt to push the slide stop pin out with an object is annoying to me. CZs are not for me.

Someone's lacking in manual dexterity. Arthritis much?

Yeah FNP-9s are solid guns.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I will recommend (as another has) the Walther P99 with the AS trigger configuration. Brand new, they can be quite spendy though... Ergonomics on the Walthers is top notch!

Also high on the "just plain feels good in the hand" list is a Steyer. Seems to be more difficult to find a Steyer than a Walther, though. At least here in the Indy area...

I will also recommend the Kahr CW-9 (or it's higher priced cousin, the P-9)

I don't have any experience with them, but don't leave out the S&W M&P pistols, nor Ruger's new SR-9.

-J-

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I bought a new Skyy 9mm which came highly recommended yet out of the box it required repeated trigger pulls to fire every other round. According to factory documentation - each unit is inspected and a mag of rounds discharged by quality control - I don't know how they missed the problems in this unit.
    My dealer has returned it for warrenty inspection and repairs but after 2 weeks, Skyy hasn't returned it yet or contacted the dealer!

BTW-The Skyy is a Kel-Tec clone.

I'll update this thread when I receive the gun and let you know if SKYY stands behind their product

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I bought a new Skyy 9mm which came highly recommended yet out of the box it required repeated trigger pulls to fire every other round. According to factory documentation - each unit is inspected and a mag of rounds discharged by quality control - I don't know how they missed the problems in this unit.
    My dealer has returned it for warrenty inspection and repairs but after 2 weeks, Skyy hasn't returned it yet or contacted the dealer!

I'll update this thread when I receive the gun and let you know if SKYY stands behind their product

Question..... Why did you pick this "clone" over the Kel-Tec?? :dunno:

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

My question is why "highly recommended" a Skyy???? All the ones i have seen/shot have been huge POSes.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I agree, ALL of the ones at Eagle Creek have been nothing but issues. The PF-9 is a great gun (and what ever the darn double stack model is). Why go with brand x for your life?

GLOK FO-TAY!!
    SHUT UP!
    This one time, I had to become an informan...
    SHUT UP!
    GLOK FOTAY!
    DAMN IT!

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    If you're like me, you might come to appreciate Glocks with a little more time -- but they're not really my favorite to shoot either. But Berettas are fun (both 92 and Px4), Sigs are great (though not so much the 250 with its DAO trigger), and the M&P is buttery smooth, so those are a few thoughts. (I haven't shot the XD, but my impressions from holding it were mixed.) I applaud your choice of the 9mm, by the way, that's the way I'm going to go when I get mine.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Well let's see....

I have a CZ40B great gun 1911 grip angle super accurate a little heavy for carry.

I have a Glock G23 also great gun I still can't get used to the grip angle.

I have a Sig P228 super gun very accurate a little picky with ammo choice and my paws have a bit of difficulty with mag release.

I have had my new Springfield 40XD Subcompact for 2 weeks put about 500 down the tube and LOVE IT!!! I was worried about accuracy from a 3" but it is perfect. Small size easy to conceal, light weight and will eat anything I put in it.

I am considering selling my CZ and Glock so i can buy the 5" 40XD model. The grip angles are perfect, smooth action, trigger pull is sweet.

For the money I don't think you can go wronf they range from 3" Subcompact to 5" in 9mm, .40S&W, and I think .45

Try them all it is a matter of personal preference I believe. The XD is just the one I am in love with.

Big Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    I have a S&W 5906 (police issued). It is fairly heavy but I don't even notice it now. I bought it used for about $270 from a dealer. It is smooth and very accurate. High capacity clip and this weekend between me, the wife and my dad we put about a hundred or so rounds through it without a hicup using blazer ammo (very cheap pratice ammo). My dad is a revolver guy all the way but even he was impressed with the action and ran a few clips through it.

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I recently purchased a Springfield XDM 9mm. So far it is a great feeling & acurate gun. I have only put about 100 rounds through it & I would highly reccomonend it at this point. the only possable con is the lack of a thumb safety. But if you need to get it out and shoot in a hurry it is one less thing to have to mess with.

zinx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Castleton
    Whoa, my thread is still getting activity? I ended up purchasing a H&K USP 9mm and i'm pretty happy without besides the fact that its a bitch finding 9mm ammo now...

Top Bottom