• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    go with the bushnell. i had one out preform my leupold that costs 2x as much. my leupold 1200yd range finder will range up to about 700 on a good day. my leupold 750yd rangefinder will catch 500 on a good day. on the exact same day and same range i had a bushnell pick up ranges that i could not with my leupold

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    go with the bushnell. i had one out preform my leupold that costs 2x as much. my leupold 1200yd range finder will range up to about 700 on a good day. my leupold 750yd rangefinder will catch 500 on a good day. on the exact same day and same range i had a bushnell pick up ranges that i could not with my leupold

Pricing?

critterskinner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Auburn

I am also thinking of a range finder, It is really confusing when a 1200yd rangefinder can only work out to 700 yds. The manufacturers are not doing themselves or the industry any good making false claims. Currently I'm learning how to use the rangefinding reticles on my Hawke scopes

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I am also thinking of a range finder, It is really confusing when a 1200yd rangefinder can only work out to 700 yds. The manufacturers are not doing themselves or the industry any good making false claims. Currently I'm learning how to use the rangefinding reticles on my Hawke scopes

if you have any questions along the way give me a shout and ill try to walk you threw the process

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have the Bushnell ARC 1200 and when I was researching it, it was the highest recommendation in its price and feature range by the folks on SnipersHide. I got it from Cabelas for $280 and it came with a $30 rebate which is good until the end of this year.

It has met my expectations and I'm happy with it.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Any suggestions?

I'd like to keep it <$250, but would go higher for a quality unit. Looking for your thoughts. Really starting from scratch here.

I know this is way above your price range but I went with some cheaper range finders before I got this unit.
    CRF Rangemaster 1600 Yards Scan Mode Laser Rangefinder 7x Black

I shoot steel and paper (and stupid ground hogs that wander out on the rifle range) out to 1,000 yards and my Leupold range finder was a waste of time and money. I was lucky to get a reading at 400 yards on a good day. I was able to try a couple Bushnell units at the range but once I tried out the Leica, I was convinced. The clarity of the optics and the accuracy of this unit are the best I've seen. I was able to range a deer at 925 yards. I've gotten good solid readings on wild turkeys at 300 - 400 yards.

I wish I could have tried some of these before I made my first purchase.

Top Bottom