• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I believe Wildcat Rifle and Pistol club holds one in April. So it may be another option for those who can't be ready in a couple weeks.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The Wildcat valley clinic is for introduction into National Match HighPower rifle shooting. In proper terms a full distance National Match course is only 600 yards, which is regarded at "Medium Range". Wildcat is only 300 yards.

Usually Long range is 1000 yards. The PALMA course of fire has three sections, 800-900-1000 yards, and generally considered Long Range.

I have not been to a CIHPS event in a long time, but I am still friends with quite a few of them. It will be a good experience.

Last edited:

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    The Wildcat valley clinic is for introduction into National Match HighPower rifle shooting. In proper terms a full distance National Match course is only 600 yards, which is regarded at "Medium Range". Wildcat is only 300 yards.

Usually Long range is 1000 yards. The PALMA course of fire has three sections, 800-900-1000 yards, and generally considered Long Range.

I have not been to a CIHPS event in a long time, but I am still friends with quite a few of them. It will be a good experience.

Well thats good to know. They have a meet and great on Sat 2/1 in greenwood on the link I inserted in initial post. Bern wanting to hook up with this group.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I believe Wildcat Rifle and Pistol club holds one in April. So it may be another option for those who can't be ready in a couple weeks.

Its just one day of classroom (the basic course that is). This is excerpts from an e-mail I sent inquiring about the basic course:

I will cover over 100 points and leave not a pebble of long range shooting not covered!

Gear,optics,ammo,reloading,wind,mirage,scoring,match shooting,accessories,spotting,rifle builds,barrels,rings,bases,MOA,rifle twist,condition reading,condition management,match rules,logging,note taking,machining,bedding,stocks,dry fire practice,training,health effects,nutrition,concerns,mentality,nothing won't be taught that is needed!

Class starts at 0900 and through 5 or so, it will be at my place located on state road 144,it will be in my garage or pole barn one or the other, both heated, or I will hold it a a local dine hall, I Like the privacy of my place, it allows me to easily and readily display Gear,accessories,and my two long range platform's for people to see, I give out range score cards, have targets on display,cover scoring in the pits, spotting scopes,etc

This class is non shooting only, just bring a note book pins and ears open, then this will automatically sign you up for a live fire practice match at Atterbury this spring that will cost an additional 35 bucks due only if you choose to go the date of that match. None of that money is mine only the class money is! I will donate my time to all my students the day of the practice match! On that day we will do 100 yard zero's have a chronograph on sight, then we will go to 500 yards and practice match style shooting and eventually move to 1000 for a zero, and a few shots for practice.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Its just one day of classroom (the basic course that is). This is excerpts from an e-mail I sent inquiring about the basic course:

I will cover over 100 points and leave not a pebble of long range shooting not covered!

Gear,optics,ammo,reloading,wind,mirage,scoring,match shooting,accessories,spotting,rifle builds,barrels,rings,bases,MOA,rifle twist,condition reading,condition management,match rules,logging,note taking,machining,bedding,stocks,dry fire practice,training,health effects,nutrition,concerns,mentality,nothing won't be taught that is needed!

Class starts at 0900 and through 5 or so, it will be at my place located on state road 144,it will be in my garage or pole barn one or the other, both heated, or I will hold it a a local dine hall, I Like the privacy of my place, it allows me to easily and readily display Gear,accessories,and my two long range platform's for people to see, I give out range score cards, have targets on display,cover scoring in the pits, spotting scopes,etc

This class is non shooting only, just bring a note book pins and ears open, then this will automatically sign you up for a live fire practice match at Atterbury this spring that will cost an additional 35 bucks due only if you choose to go the date of that match. None of that money is mine only the class money is! I will donate my time to all my students the day of the practice match! On that day we will do 100 yard zero's have a chronograph on sight, then we will go to 500 yards and practice match style shooting and eventually move to 1000 for a zero, and a few shots for practice.

Thanks!

Top Bottom