• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Check this forum for matches at Riley. Don't know what you consider long range, but they have (in the past) had shots out to 200yd in some of their programs.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Check this forum for matches at Riley. Don't know what you consider long range, but they have (in the past) had shots out to 200yd in some of their programs.
    You can view our calendar of events at www.RileyCC.com. The Long Range Rimfire match is typically the 2nd Saturday of each month starting in April, a weeknight match is held 10 days prior, also on the calendar.
    Targets range from 75-240 yards, depending on your skill level. Newbies have targets at 75, 110, and 165 yards. As your scores improve, targets will be farther.
    Equipment is based around what you would have on a normal varmint hunt. Simple bipod, shoulder the buttstock. No rear bag, no shooting jacket or heavy gloves, no wind flags, etc. We keep it pretty simple.
    Happy to discus in person , my number is on the RCC website.

Rich

812 rimfire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2024
    You can view our calendar of events at www.RileyCC.com. The Long Range Rimfire match is typically the 2nd Saturday of each month starting in April, a weeknight match is held 10 days prior, also on the calendar.
    Targets range from 75-240 yards, depending on your skill level. Newbies have targets at 75, 110, and 165 yards. As your scores improve, targets will be farther.
    Equipment is based around what you would have on a normal varmint hunt. Simple bipod, shoulder the buttstock. No rear bag, no shooting jacket or heavy gloves, no wind flags, etc. We keep it pretty simple.
    Happy to discus in person , my number is on the RCC website.

Rich
    Thanks for the Info

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    It'd be a bit if a drive over to Riley for you, but I can say, driving over an hour myself, that it's worth it.

I haven't been down there in a couple years, but it was awesome then, and they've only improved.
    Always welcome, Nate! We were maybe still using knockdown targets back then? Now using swingers, 60 round matches, and we rotate 3 formats so it doesn't get stale.
    812-Skill level is important. Some formats have the same targets...at 165 for newbies and at 240 for the better shooters. Come over and shoot with us, targets are sized at about 2 moa per the distance.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    Definitely check out the matches at Riley. Depending on your definition of “long range”, you might also check out NRL22 matches. Most top out at 100 yd, but the targets are pretty small. Some places, like ProTEQ, I think add longer range targets for some stages too.

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    I'm also in Evansville and a regular at Riley. Great match, challenging targets and a good group of guys. Definitely worth the time to get there. Locally there are NRL22 matches at Westside Sportsmans club and Rimfire matches as part of the Precision rifle challenge matches at Red Brush.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I'm also in Evansville and a regular at Riley. Great match, challenging targets and a good group of guys. Definitely worth the time to get there. Locally there are NRL22 matches at Westside Sportsmans club and Rimfire matches as part of the Precision rifle challenge matches at Red Brush.
    Just checked with the match director at red brush, they stopped their rimfire match due to low turnout

Top Bottom